Any reports on what was said/proposed?

roytonmike

Re: Agm ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 09:02:39 AM »

Website has a report

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:18:26 AM »

I'm happy with that. Its pretty much everything we can reasonably demand from the board. I'm not going to harp on about the few little niggles in there because I think its down to interpretation and i'm trying to view it with an open mind.

A fair few things clarified, a demonstration of intent and concentration on our on field issues and some commitments to repair damaged ties with the fans. The strategic review with Mr Watmore is long called for and can only be a good thing. I applaud the board for its efforts in moving things forward and I hope we're all willing to get behind the club and hopefully push things forward.

I'm sure plenty will be sceptical by the way, we've had a couple of false dawns, but we need to carry some momentum into the Salford game because our off field problems are only going to be compounded, not resolved, if we go down. To have any chance of staying up we need to have a bit of faith now and get behind the lads, believe that Lincoln is a platform to get confident and get results.

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 09:30:02 PM »

Maybe Ian Foden can explain what he meant by proposing that the club/board administer this fans forum?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 09:34:15 PM by Sausages »

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »

Indeed.....shades of Big Brother in 1984.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 10:53:24 PM »

Maybe Ian Foden can explain what he meant by proposing that the club/board administer this fans forum?

Maybe Jamie Newall could actually explain why he is misrepresenting what someone asked? when he wasnt even present.

Before fans jump to any misconceptions, I asked what plans the club have to improve and expand the social media profile of the club in future and asked how the club were planning to do this.
The AGM was told that this aspect was being addressed by the board and involving fans as much as possible in this endeavour,... which is good news.

During this discussion, the question of social media criticism of the Club was aired and some members suggested the need for more moderation of the fans forum, not by the club, but by the forum itself, particularly since so many fans had deserted the forum of late due to how many perceived how poor and ill informed many of the debates have become and the constant changing of some forumites names confuses readers.

For the record, I favour forum names being fixed like most forums are and also stricter moderation of consistently abusive members.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 11:05:27 PM »

Pukkapieman, I think you are being a tad disingenuous. Your first point i believe was along the lines of what do the board propose to do about controlling the forum, in line with negative and abuse posts are on there.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 11:06:36 PM »

More fans than ever would desert it if it was being moderated by the club/board. The key is in the word FANS forum.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 11:09:08 PM »

Pukkapieman, I think you are being a tad disingenuous. Your first point i believe was along the lines of what do the board propose to do about controlling the forum, in line with negative and abuse posts are on there.
Untrue, I asked what plans the club have to the address social media profile of the club. Andrew Shaw immediately assumed that I was referring to the forum and sprang to its defence!
I actually stated I knew the club had nothing to do with the forum and the debate was amongst some of the fans present.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 11:10:58 PM »

More fans than ever would desert it if it was being moderated by the club/board. The key is in the word FANS forum.

I completely agree, happy for fans to moderate the forum.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »

It's an independent "fans" forum, and without meaning to sound rude, the clue is in the name. The club as an enitity or anyone independently for that matter are perfectly entitled to supply and moderate a forum or message board. This forum has no links to the club, it doesn't even have a link from the clubs official website. All though plenty of money has been raised and information shared and supplied via this page over the years. The usage of this forum has actually increased dramatically in the last two months since new moderators were put in place. If people want to bemoan and complain after 14 league wins in 76 it's probably better they do it here than at the stadium on
Match day. You mention what happens on other forums, well have a look at some of our peers forums and what's written and debated when they go three or four games without a win, nevermijd the bewildering 12 months we've endured here. If it's massive problem it can be renamed the gardeners weekly forum or something, but this isn't East Germany.

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 11:21:43 PM »

The direction this post has taken, initiated, not surprisingly, by Jamie (Dick the Dormouse) Newhall is precisely what the whole problem boils down to IMHO

Mr Foden IS NOT a Board Member and,NOT ONE of the Board Members indicated that they want to "control" the forum. In fact a senior board member spoke in support of a responsible forum i.e. One where more people felt inclined to contribute suggestions etc. It does appear though that people are disinclined to even read it, never mind contribute because they are heartily hacked off with it being a litany of individuals. many with personal agendas in no way linked to the Football Club making a noise and making sure that their self important egos are regularly stroked.

Jamie, please look beyond your own Mirror, spare a thought for those of us who actually want the Club to succeed, get behind the team, management, board and the majority of fans who are bored with your self important drivel

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 11:33:47 PM »

He's also a paying customer and long time loyal supporter that's covered more miles than most combined. You might disagree with his opinions as I do on a regular basis, but people have a right to an opinion. Although in some people's world that's only if their opinion matches your own

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 11:41:13 PM »

Jamie, please look beyond your own Mirror, spare a thought for those of us who actually want the Club to succeed

f**king get over yourself Taylor. Disgraceful comment as per usual.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 11:46:28 PM »

Indeed, surely all supporters are entitled to their opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Agm ?