PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nicholas Clee
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nicholas Clee  (Read 6754 times)

GB Alty

Re: Nicholas Clee
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 08:48:25 PM »

Why does everyone seem to think he would want to come back? I'd be surprised if he did

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 08:49:25 PM »

What a lot that tosser Neil Young has to answer for.  Unfortunately my sympathy for Grahame Rowley at last year's AGM when he gave a somewhat petulant display, is also waning. Perhaps that petulance is indicative of his inability to lead the club out of this mess - which is largely of his making.

This thread about Nicky Clee perhaps doesn't naturally lead to these sentiments but reading it, I have just realised that I have never felt so bad about the club I have supported for over 60 years, as I do now. Normally I would be looking forward to a giant-killing FA Cup match full of confidence that we could match or beat anyone. But not this year. We got this far by sheer fluke. I was intending to go to Lincoln but tonight I decided enough is enough, no enthusiasm, no nothing. Not my players, no longer my team. Thank you Mr Young and Mr Rowley.

Whatever happens this year, I will not be renewing my season ticket, though I've no doubt I'll watch several matches. I've better things to spend my limited cash on.

In the meantime I believe Jim Harvey deserves our support - it's just a shame it's taken him until November to realise that Neil Young's players are utter sh*te and he needs better players - something we've known since August - but he wasn't exposed to the dross until much later. Whether he can turn it around is another matter. I wish him well.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 09:30:55 PM »

A lot of what is said in the above post is how i feel. First time in 20 years that ive felt absolutely nothing in the build up to an FA Cup 1st Round game. Grahame Rowley said on Radio Manchester recently that the heart and soul had been ripped out of the club under Neil Young which makes a mockery out of his public vote of confidence of the previous manager. What a complete shambles the last 12 months have been.

Oh and id love Nicky Clee back
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:33:10 PM by AFC56 »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 09:40:53 PM »

What a lot that tosser Neil Young has to answer for.  Unfortunately my sympathy for Grahame Rowley at last year's AGM when he gave a somewhat petulant display, is also waning. Perhaps that petulance is indicative of his inability to lead the club out of this mess - which is largely of his making.

This thread about Nicky Clee perhaps doesn't naturally lead to these sentiments but reading it, I have just realised that I have never felt so bad about the club I have supported for over 60 years, as I do now. Normally I would be looking forward to a giant-killing FA Cup match full of confidence that we could match or beat anyone. But not this year. We got this far by sheer fluke. I was intending to go to Lincoln but tonight I decided enough is enough, no enthusiasm, no nothing. Not my players, no longer my team. Thank you Mr Young and Mr Rowley.

Whatever happens this year, I will not be renewing my season ticket, though I've no doubt I'll watch several matches. I've better things to spend my limited cash on.

In the meantime I believe Jim Harvey deserves our support - it's just a shame it's taken him until November to realise that Neil Young's players are utter sh*te and he needs better players - something we've known since August - but he wasn't exposed to the dross until much later. Whether he can turn it around is another matter. I wish him well.

Excellent post,sums it up for me.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 10:05:03 PM »

A lot of what is said in the above post is how i feel. First time in 20 years that ive felt absolutely nothing in the build up to an FA Cup 1st Round game. Grahame Rowley said on Radio Manchester recently that the heart and soul had been ripped out of the club under Neil Young which makes a mockery out of his public vote of confidence of the previous manager. What a complete shambles the last 12 months have been.

Oh and id love Nicky Clee back

The only reason I'm looking forward to it is that I only get to fly back a very limited number of times a year and meeting friends and having a bit of a sesh is where the appeal lies; the football will in all likelihood be an embarrassing distraction.

It is a VERY sorry state of affairs. The only hope, footballing wise, for Saturday is that we play with absolutely no pressure as there's definitely no expectation and that Lincoln field a much weakened side and have an extreme off day. Stranger things may have happened, but not many.

As for Clee, why on earth would he want to come back to us at the moment (quite apart from BPA being far better geographically)? I'm not sure I can see any player who has any sort of ties to any of the players here at the moment wanting to make the move after talking to them.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 10:19:34 PM »

Agree completely with the previous few posts. I'm heading to Lincoln with absolutely zero expectations. The difference from the Colchester build up is huge, seemingly for everyone. We've gone from thinking that we could beat a league 1 team on their own patch to expecting to be beaten by a score line that is spelt out in words on the BBC vidiprinter.
Back to Clee, I can't think of any reason why he'd want to come back. From what we saw last week, BPA have a much more realistic chance of staying up than we do and are much closer to his home. If he ends up there no-one should be surprised/shocked/upset.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:31:54 PM by MadFrankie »
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 11:10:09 PM »

what sad times that a fan of 60 years feels like this

We should be full of excitement for Saturday

This once great Club is hurting

Very sad and changes are needed
ParkINson's red and white army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 11:21:55 PM »

Indeed, we await direction from the Board, who are strangely quiet at the moment despite many longstanding supporters losing hope.

Pwill

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 08:58:41 AM »

Not a chance of him coming back here😢
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nicholas Clee