PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Board

Poll

Are the current board the correct one to take Altrincham Football Club forward?

Yes
- 28 (39.4%)
No
- 43 (60.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: November 02, 2016, 12:41:30 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Board  (Read 36177 times)

taxi Phil

Re: The Board
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2016, 10:23:29 AM »

At the AGM on Monday 7th Nov Grahame Rowley retires by rotation and he is eligible for re-election for another 3 years. Normally, when a retiring director expresses a wish to continue in that role for another 3 years, the vote from the floor is unanimous and he is re-elected.
It will be interesting to see if there are any abstentions or even votes against his continuing as a director this time round.

It would be no surprise if he decided to step down.

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2016, 11:11:20 AM »

Rowley's lost interest clearly, and It wouldn't surprise me if he's already looking at his exit strategy. Something needs to happen and fast, as without drastic change, we'll be playing the likes of Witton and Nantwich next season.

For a guy who has "lost interest" clearly he ain't half committing a lot of time and resources to the Club.

Just be very very careful what you wish for is all I will say

brinners

« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2016, 11:41:33 AM »

I'm not sure any of us wished for Evostick football to be fair.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2016, 01:35:37 PM »

Rowley's lost interest clearly, and It wouldn't surprise me if he's already looking at his exit strategy. Something needs to happen and fast, as without drastic change, we'll be playing the likes of Witton and Nantwich next season.

For a guy who has "lost interest" clearly he ain't half committing a lot of time and resources to the Club.

Just be very very careful what you wish for is all I will say

We're talking about the first team Phil not the ladies. In case you hadn't noticed we are on the verge of dropping lower down the pyramid than ever before,I certainly didn't wish for that!!

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »

So am I Martin.

I made a comment in response to an assertion that Grahame Rowley (yes he does have a first name) had lost interest, which incidentally is rubbish.

I just don't get why all the woes of the world are suddenly the fault of the Board.

I have been working here for nearly forty years and believe me there have been much, much worse Boards, Boards who took resources out of the Club rather than giving up time and money to do the best they can for the Manager - That is the basis of me counselling caution when wishing for something.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »

So am I Martin.

I made a comment in response to an assertion that Grahame Rowley (yes he does have a first name) had lost interest, which incidentally is rubbish.

I just don't get why all the woes of the world are suddenly the fault of the Board.

I have been working here for nearly forty years and believe me there have been much, much worse Boards, Boards who took resources out of the Club rather than giving up time and money to do the best they can for the Manager - That is the basis of me counselling caution when wishing for something.

I know we've had worse boards Phil without a doubt and I'm certainly not blaming them for everything that's gone wrong. I just personally feel that too many mistakes have been made especially towards the fans in the media that has questioned my faith in them. Apologies for being so blunt in my previous post,I'm pulling my hair(what's left)out atm!!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2016, 05:37:06 PM »

Care to redo the poll after the failure to capture clee?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bumble

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2016, 06:53:59 PM »

So am I Martin.

They aren't suddenly, they have been for the past 12 months.

At what point has Graham put money in? Not saying he should but you seem to suggest he has

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2016, 07:00:09 PM »

Who's fault are they then? What are they doing to turn us around?

GB Alty

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2016, 08:24:34 PM »

I can only dare to dream that any shareholders with even smallest ounce of feeling towards this club to do the right thing at next weeks AGM and block another three years of Rowley.

We probably wouldn't have a club after another three years of this. Desperate times indeed

Anyone that puts their hand up in favour needs to get out of the club as well, because you will be desttoying it

The fans have spoken, 60% on a generally pro board internet forum. Listen and step down Mr Rowley, you can't recover from this. And take your sycophants with you

Frosty

« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »

So we are publicising the fact that we couldn't re-sign after letting him go only a few months earlier???? LAUGHABLE

SACK THE BOARD

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2016, 09:27:32 PM »

Can things get any more depressing ?

We don't have the finances to bring back a player who was told was not needed  

One of the healthiest financial reports I have ever seen recently yet we can't compete

It's becoming a no win situation  

We have to now punch above our weight to attract better players with the right money to stand any chance of a second successive deserved relegation

But it appears Clee was out of our pay bandings

Who does it leave us to go after then ??

ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2016, 09:49:03 PM »

Wayno,

Hence why people were urging us to strengthen last November.

It's far easier to stay above north ferriby than it is to overhaul Fylde or Salford.

I shudder to think how much money we will have spent by the next te we regain conference status.

York Alty is back

« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2016, 10:00:23 PM »

This quote from Red Adair comes to mind a lot at the moment.

'If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.'

The amateur being Neil bloody Young.

taxi Phil

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2016, 10:22:13 PM »

I shudder to think how much money we will have spent by the next te we regain conference status.

It'll be one he'll of a lot. I'm resigned to this club not reaching that status in my lifetime.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Board