Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does Barry pikesley still have nightmares about Mr Twiss?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does Barry pikesley still have nightmares about Mr Twiss?  (Read 3787 times)

Jezza

« on: November 19, 2012, 07:21:13 PM »

he sounds paranoid....this from his recent programme article reprinted on john laidlar's award winning website that has won awards for being a website

And, for a few terrifying seconds, my angst skyrocketed as I lapsed into momentary panic when I thought that we had brought Michael Twiss back specially for this fixture, only for me to then realise that I was in fact gazing at Billy Brewer, the home club’s somewhat rotund mascot.

You've got to let these things go Barry!!! :D :D :D

thegazelle

Re: Does Barry pikesley still have nightmares about Mr Twiss?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »

very pissed of with god as wwe speak but that made me laugh take a goodwin both of yer

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »

he sounds paranoid....this from his recent programme article reprinted on john laidlar's award winning website that has won awards for being a website

And, for a few terrifying seconds, my angst skyrocketed as I lapsed into momentary panic when I thought that we had brought Michael Twiss back specially for this fixture, only for me to then realise that I was in fact gazing at Billy Brewer, the home club’s somewhat rotund mascot.

You've got to let these things go Barry!!! :D :D :D

That's exactly what my therapist keeps telling me.

Strange really, because I have been known to champion the cause of a forward who may just have been carrying the odd pound or two of flesh during his days at Moss Lane....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hendos

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »

Is it true that you still won't have custard creams in the house in case he calls round?

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 08:54:07 AM »

The irony of the cult worshipping ian tunnicliffe whilst berating twissy for being fat is not lost on anyone.

Mind you, I remember tunna as a gentle giant who we would all have loved to have seen succeed at the higher level....he did give us a few moments of magic and I think we all realised he was just a fraction of the pace needed but we appreciated him trying his best.

He was worth it for the goal he scored (or did he assist the scorer by hitting the bar?) V the sheepshaggers in a relegation 6 pointer at moss lane.... described afterwards by a disgruntled macc reportor as alty's gargantuan forward....that bitterness was so sweet....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »

The irony of the cult worshipping ian tunnicliffe whilst berating twissy for being fat is not lost on anyone.

Mind you, I remember tunna as a gentle giant who we would all have loved to have seen succeed at the higher level....he did give us a few moments of magic and I think we all realised he was just a fraction of the pace needed but we appreciated him trying his best.

He was worth it for the goal he scored (or did he assist the scorer by hitting the bar?) V the sheepshaggers in a relegation 6 pointer at moss lane.... described afterwards by a disgruntled macc reportor as alty's gargantuan forward....that bitterness was so sweet....

Mark,

You'll be pleased to learn that I am putting Brian Flynn under intense and increasing pressure to unearth a particular video from his Alty archives, which shows the peerless Tunna scoring for the Robins in a 2-0 win at eventual GMVC Champions, Wycombe Wanderers, back in April 1993.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »

An amazing goal remember it well

markecky

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 12:21:38 AM »

Ran behind the goal to the wrong fans if I remember correctly....

whopper

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 04:03:33 AM »

Christ i remember when tunna used to come on i used to start walking out!

He made twiss look like a speedboat  ;D

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 07:31:26 AM »

An amazing goal remember it well

Both goals at wycombe were on the BBC news that night! Good header from France to for the first IIRC.

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »

similar to his equisite finish at kettering where he raced onto a through ball to no encouragement from a pessimistic alty following behind the goal.....as he thumped it home, he must have been bemused to see the shocked faces on the alty crowd..amazed at what they had witnessed.....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »

Tunna's forward gallop and the ensuing adroit chip to score at the Chequers End versus Witton Albion were positively balletic.

Jacko, you foolish Philistine, by leaving the ground early, you missed a priceless opportunity to witness an artist at work.

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »

Tunna's forward gallop and the ensuing adroit chip to score at the Chequers End versus Witton Albion were positively balletic.

Jacko, you foolish Philistine, by leaving the ground early, you missed a priceless opportunity to witness an artist at work.

Do you also not like Israel?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »

Nor to forget his touch of class with an exquisite 30 yard lob away at Farnborough in the last game of that season.

Or the bullet header v Dagenham at the Golf Road end.

We could go on and on...

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »

To be honest it was that header V Dagenham that I remember Ian Tunnicliffe for.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team