PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Droylsden  (Read 3812 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Droylsden
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »

0-5 defeat at Corby tonight, look in real trouble this season already

taxi Phil

Re: Droylsden
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

Have they still got that Juan Kerr at centre back ?  ;D

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »

181 there last Saturday, surely soon Pacey will have to say he has had a good run but enough is enough.

Corby seem to be picking up under the new manager...booster!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »

181 there last Saturday, surely soon Pacey will have to say he has had a good run but enough is enough.

In an odd way I grew to like Pacey, the social club they have there in the corner is one of the best I have ever been too.

JDN

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »

In an odd way I grew to like Pacey, the social club they have there in the corner is one of the best I have ever been too.

to be fair you not been to many

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »

Perhaps you were on the Altincham Supporters Bus that went to the FA Trophy back in '85?  I was, Margaret who sadly doesn't go to Alty now was one of the organisers on the coach, I was only 15 but the trip down there will live with me forever.

That day always reminds me how big Alty are as non-league club, we are here to support the Alty.  Lets leave the snide remarks to other clubs heh.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:36:32 PM by Knutsford Alty »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »

Pace is possibly sticking around because he knows what will happen to Droylsden if he pulls out...

JDN

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »

Perhaps you were on the Altincham Supporters Bus that went to the FA Trophy back in '85?  I was, Margaret who sadly doesn't go to Alty now was one of the organisers on the coach, I was only 15 but the trip down there will live with me forever.

That day always reminds me how big Alty are as non-league club, we are here to support the Alty.  Lets leave the snide remarks to other clubs heh.

no I didn't go in 85, Wealdstone v Boston, why would I go to that?

Was there in 86 though!!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 10:35:37 AM »

If I recall correctly, back then the club ran a supporters coach to the FA Trophy finals regardless if we were in it or not.

We supported Wealdstone that day for obvious reasons.

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 01:52:01 PM »

If I recall correctly, back then the club ran a supporters coach to the FA Trophy finals regardless if we were in it or not.

been to a few finals with Alty - regardless of whether we were playing or not.

I'd love to see Alty at the new(ish) wembeers as I've not been yet.

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »

in the eighties we certainly had a coachfull for the final most years, and going back before then it was traditional to have a game on the friday night against some southern jessie team. and then turn up at the final. Or did i dream that?

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 08:16:25 PM »

Cant recall the Friday night games but the FA Trophy seemed to have added importance in the 80's, most likely due to the football league being a closed shop.

JDN

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »

Bit odd that the Wealdstone v Boston trophy final lives with you for ever

I to have been to none Alty trophy finals, none of which will live with me for ever

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

Bit odd that the Wealdstone v Boston trophy final lives with you for ever

I to have been to none Alty trophy finals, none of which will live with me for ever

It was the first time I had been to Wembley and my first ever visit to London.  As a 15 year old and the pain of not seeing Alty get to the final, the trip to Wembley was a bit of a tonic.  Parking in front of the Twin Towers and getting inside to see how big the ground was something I will remember forever.  The history of the ground, the terraces behind the goal which seemed to go on forever, led to a very enjoyable day with Wealdstone winning.  Stopped off at a pub beforehand, quietly had a sip or two and we were on our way.  The late winner from Boston in the semi-final second leg was somewhat eased.    

My school mate made a late decision to goto the Birmingham City cup game in '86.  God knows how but his Dad managed to get him on the players coach, obviously sitting at the front.  He didnt stop talking about the celebrations on the coach coming back from St Andrews.  The night at St Andrews surpassed anything since including the win against Eastbourne.    

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:53:09 PM by Knutty Alty »

JDN

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »

Yes Birmingham was amazing, glad your school mate enjoyed it

Incidentally it wasn't a late equaliser by Boston, it was a late winner, and it wasn't a replay it was the second leg
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden