News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 weeks

Author Topic: 3 weeks  (Read 1346 times)

RocketDan

3 weeks
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »

3 weeks cold turkey, its just too long
might just OD on saturday.

edit: question - apart from close season, what is the longest gap between two alty matches?
three weeks might take some beating.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 12:47:01 AM by RocketDan »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 01:28:04 PM »

I cant remember the exact length of time but that season when we last went down from the Conference must have been it. I think, but stand to be corrected, it was about 6weeks.
This also reminds me of 1963 when there was a very long winter freeze. United, City and most teams in the area didnt play at home for about 6 weeks. There was no undersoil heating then or hot air balloons. Alty poured tons and tons of sand onto the Moss Lane pitch and got games played - otherwise we would have gone bust that season - true story.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 3 weeks
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:48:04 PM »

I cant remember the exact length of time but that season when we last went down from the Conference must have been it. I think, but stand to be corrected, it was about 6weeks.
This also reminds me of 1963 when there was a very long winter freeze. United, City and most teams in the area didnt play at home for about 6 weeks. There was no undersoil heating then or hot air balloons. Alty poured tons and tons of sand onto the Moss Lane pitch and got games played - otherwise we would have gone bust that season - true story.

Blimwy!  ...  and I thought I was an old codger!  ;D  I was only 13 at that time growing up in North Manchester and had never even heard of Alty!
Well done mate. If that don't deserve a G, I don't know what does  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 weeks