News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Monday!?

Author Topic: Monday!?  (Read 3221 times)

jim fallon

Monday!?
« on: August 21, 2008, 02:44:13 PM »

I hear there will be a big police presence on Monday, whats the deal with wrexham then!? ???

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Monday!?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 02:49:10 PM »

I hear there will be a big police presence on Monday, whats the deal with wrexham then!? ???

Apparently its nothing to do with Wrexham; Alty fans are planning a demo over stoppers in the vegetable isle in tesco
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »

Wrexham are an ex football league club, and we are one of their most local games.  They will bring a lot and the police will ensure that the day passes off without any incident.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 04:17:58 PM »

Wrexham are an ex football league club, and we are one of their most local games.  They will bring a lot and the police will ensure that the day passes off without any incident.

Bring alot - the more the merrier, I hope they bring their suggested figure of 1200 to 1500 or even more  ;D

Should be great day.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:09:27 PM »

Are Tesco closing?

Cpd_Wrecsam

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »

Unfortunatly we do have an 'element' at Wrexham that cause trouble. Good news is Arrests of Wrexham fans last season was down to under 25 for the first time.

We have banned more then 70 hooligans at Wrexham. I highly doubt there will be any trouble.

Here's hoping for a win tonight to boost the crowd on monday, think we will bring in the region of 1,200-1,400 should we win.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »

Unfortunatly we do have an 'element' at Wrexham that cause trouble. Good news is Arrests of Wrexham fans last season was down to under 25 for the first time.

We have banned more then 70 hooligans at Wrexham. I highly doubt there will be any trouble.

Here's hoping for a win tonight to boost the crowd on monday, think we will bring in the region of 1,200-1,400 should we win.

That'll be some following, can't remember the last time there was an away following that big !!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 06:59:09 PM »

That'll be some following, can't remember the last time there was an away following that big !!

Recent years f a cup games Wigan, Crewe, Darlington had some large away followings but no more than 7-800 league game York and Northwich 5-600 for York 4-500 for Vics
@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »

Are Tesco closing?

I have just heard that tesco will be milking (no pun intended) the maximum press coverage whilst deciding whether to close; than at the last minute decide to stay open for the day.
ParkINson's red and white army

jim fallon

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 09:42:56 PM »

All this seems a bit of a joke i.e. 12 oclock kick off etc.

Why should we be confined to our homes (drinking at 10:30 am) because of a minority of welsh nob ends trying to kick off!!

Im sorry but its pissed me off!!

Cpd_Wrecsam

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 11:10:59 PM »

Why should we be confined to our homes (drinking at 10:30 am) because of a minority of welsh nob ends trying to kick off!!

The time will not affect drinking, wetherspoons open at 9am and im sure most people who want a drink will be in there, 12KO is silly and un called for.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 11:43:02 PM »

The kick off time is on police advice. They probably didn't think about you having to have a can in the lounge.

I say leave the police intelligence to the police. If we want to run with the big boys, these are the side effects.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »

The kick off time is on police advice. They probably didn't think about you having to have a can in the lounge.

I say leave the police intelligence to the police. If we want to run with the big boys, these are the side effects.

Indeed, I would rather be playing Wrexham at 12pm on BHM in the BSP rather than Workington !

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »

Just out of interest I note these earlier kick offs are on police 'advice'. What would happen if we turned round and said 'NO' 3pm k.o and thats it ? ....

markecky

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 09:39:31 AM »

Then they would say you will need double the police to handle it, and its bank holiday double time so that would pretty much be most of the gate receipts.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Monday!?