PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No trams in August
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No trams in August  (Read 4443 times)

baldrick

No trams in August
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »

I got a letter from GMPTE today saying there will be no trams this side of Manchester Victoria throughout August. They will be working 24 hours a day upgrading the line and stations. A replacement bus service will be provided >:( >:( >:(

Butty

Re: No trams in August
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:41:53 PM »

I got a letter from GMPTE today saying there will be no trams this side of Manchester Victoria throughout August. They will be working 24 hours a day upgrading the line and stations. A replacement bus service will be provided >:( >:( >:(

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »

Does that mean I have to use the wonderful Northern Rail service from Chester? >:(
They really should be beating teams like us

stevio

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »

When you say this side of Manchester Victoria, what exactly do you mean? Will there still be a tram service to Altrincham? Only, i haven't been to a home game since the 4-0 defeat of Weymouth, and have since read in The Manchester Evening News, towards the end of last season, that the trams would commence from the G-Mex. Is this still the case? I normally get on at Manchester Piccadilly, but walking to the G-Mex, and getting on from that stop, doesn't sound too much of a trek. I don't fancy getting a bus all the way, if i can avoid it. ???

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 08:08:02 PM »

When you say this side of Manchester Victoria, what exactly do you mean? Will there still be a tram service to Altrincham? Only, i haven't been to a home game since the 4-0 defeat of Weymouth, and have since read in The Manchester Evening News, towards the end of last season, that the trams would commence from the G-Mex. Is this still the case? I normally get on at Manchester Piccadilly, but walking to the G-Mex, and getting on from that stop, doesn't sound too much of a trek. I don't fancy getting a bus all the way, if i can avoid it. ???

No trams from Manchester to Altrincham for the whole of august

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/news/4494492.Buses_replace_trams_during_closure/
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:12:54 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

stevio

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »

Cheers for the link, Darren. The bus it is, then :(

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 10:18:25 PM »

You can get a train from Piccadilly to Altrincham. I think there is only one an hour on Saturdays but if you time it right it must be better than the bus.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »

also you can get a cab  ;D feel free to hire me if not from altrincham bus station it should cost you 4.50 ans a additional 20 per-person , sale will cost you around  9.50 and manchester 21.00 ish
FFS

joe

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »

also you can get a cab  ;D feel free to hire me if not from altrincham bus station it should cost you 4.50 ans a additional 20 per-person , sale will cost you around  9.50 and manchester 21.00 ish

How much??!!!!!!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 07:58:48 PM »

@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »

And dont forget if your stuck for transport

http://www.traffordcars.co.uk/

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 08:18:38 PM »

And dont forget if your stuck for transport

http://www.traffordcars.co.uk/

I'll ask for Pete.
Doubt i'll get you on match days.

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »

Five people sharing a cab, just about any driver would do it all the way from Town for twenty sovs up front. Four quid a head door-to-door. Good value in my book (you'll not find me on match day either !)

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 07:55:22 AM »

Just rethinking this, having slept on it. If there are four of five of you who need to get from and to Piccadilly on a match day, perhaps I COULD sort it out for you during August. I come to the game in my cab anyway !

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

or you could just get the train direct from picc to altrincham for a couple quid a head.

cheaper than a taxi too.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No trams in August