Graham for the long term
- 36 (72%)
Graham for the short term
- 5 (10%)
Get rid now
- 9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Graheme  (Read 5829 times)

DarrenH

Re: Graheme
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 11:12:55 AM »

As probably stated elsewhere lets put things into perspective.
GH has been a great and proud servant of Alty for many many years.
How many people would still be going to games if the club had not been run in an ethical way, gone bust, been demoted a couple of leagues etc etc.
We have very little room to complain when you consider the fans of Boston and Scarborough etc.
Lets give the club a chance. We played one of the league's favorites on Saturday and put in a creditable performance. Lets not get carried away.

worcester robin

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 12:20:43 PM »

we need Graham get off his back and let him get on with it :D

cjstafford

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 12:37:52 PM »

"we are a part time team in a full time league with by far the smallest wage bill and the only club who dont spend money on players"

Alty f that is an assumption unless you have figures to back up your view. stafford havn,t bought a player for 5 years. i would imagine our wage budgets are very similar, and before you mention McNiven.     Senior, Tinson,Whalley,Sedgemore.  ;)

markecky

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 01:49:11 PM »

Madjo last year.....,played for £50 plus petrol I heard

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »

"we are a part time team in a full time league with by far the smallest wage bill and the only club who dont spend money on players"

Alty f that is an assumption unless you have figures to back up your view. stafford havn,t bought a player for 5 years. i would imagine our wage budgets are very similar, and before you mention McNiven.     Senior, Tinson,Whalley,Sedgemore.  ;)

Senior - Was on loan last season still at a loose end this season decided the setup was right to come back.
Tinson - At the end of his career looking to wind down, we offered him the chance to not drop down too far from his current level of playing and accomodate his fledgling busness.
Whalley - mates with colin little, granted he may be on more than some of the other lads but he's still not on much as he's currently spending time setting up a new overseas company.
Sedgemore - he's an architecht with his own busness that pays more than being a conf footballer even if your on a grand a week! we offered him a wage and he accepted and from what i've heard its hardly breaking the bank

DarrenH

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 02:16:03 PM »

The heart of the whole thing is that the players play for next to nothing.
How many of us after working all day feel like going to training or playing twice a week.
As for Majdo if he played for £50 plus petrol then fair play to him. These guys play for the joy not for the financial gain.
With regard to Whalley, Sedge etc it is plain that they liked the set up at Alty and the setup allowed them to carry on with their usual 9 to 5 life.

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 02:30:54 PM »

How many of us after working all day feel like going to training or playing twice a week.
As for Majdo if he played for £50 plus petrol then fair play to him. These guys play for the joy not for the financial gain.
With regard to Whalley, Sedge etc it is plain that they liked the set up at Alty and the setup allowed them to carry on with their usual 9 to 5 life.

Exactly so, you just have to read the messenger to find that out.  :)

Alty365

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 02:49:11 PM »

As for Majdo if he played for £50 plus petrol then fair play to him.

WHOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 03:41:39 PM »

Now, I know that Alty aren't paying extortionate salaries.....but I think that "next to nothing" is a slight exaggeration! 

How many of us after working all day feel like going to training or playing twice a week?

Well then, it's simple...don't be a semi-professional footballer!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

cjstafford

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »

At last some sense on here. You are paying the going rate to the type of players you are signing just like stafford.
Anyone would think that some of you have a persecution complex.  ::)

DarrenH

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »

When I say next to nothing it is all relative to the contracts being handed out by so called "bigger" clubs.

And with regard to the don't be a semi-pro footballer like I said they are doing it for the love of the game and in many cases the club.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »

And with regard to the don't be a semi-pro footballer like I said they are doing it for the love of the game and in many cases the club.

If only that were true.....then we wouldn't need to pay them at all!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graheme