News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darlington

Author Topic: Darlington  (Read 1439 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Darlington
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:13:42 PM »

The back page of tomorrow's northern echo suggesting they've been barred from entering the playoffs due to only having 250 seats

taxi Phil

Re: Darlington
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:25:54 PM »

Did they not do their homework before moving in ? A miscalculation of Rowleyesque proportions.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 12:00:52 AM »

I think it took them so long to get the ground up to the bare minimum standard for National League North, only moving   in at the start of January,  that they were never able to keep up with their success on the field of play.
I missed the game this season because of the postponement, but some of the arrangements seem ludicrous.

The main stand is apparently reserved for season-ticket holders, but others can sit there if they don't turn up. This means that you take a seat, then, somebody may turn up at 2:59 and you are turfed out, and all the good standing viewing positions have gone in this ground with very little terracing.This happened last week, I am told, so I am not surprised  they have been barred from entering the play-offs.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 09:29:35 AM »

I think it took them so long to get the ground up to the bare minimum standard for National League North, only moving   in at the start of January,  that they were never able to keep up with their success on the field of play.
I missed the game this season because of the postponement, but some of the arrangements seem ludicrous.

The main stand is apparently reserved for season-ticket holders, but others can sit there if they don't turn up. This means that you take a seat, then, somebody may turn up at 2:59 and you are turfed out, and all the good standing viewing positions have gone in this ground with very little terracing.This happened last week, I am told, so I am not surprised  they have been barred from entering the play-offs.

We watched the entire game behind the goal without a stand, but we didn't really have a choice because the terrace behind the other goal was 100% Darlo. Terrible view. Practice for next season though I guess.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 02:31:36 PM »

It's a rugby club with a 'pavilion' and they've re-assembled the old covered stand from Feethams. I suspect the opportunity to move back to Darlington was the number one priority this year. From what we saw they're on the up and if barred from the play-offs it's likely to be a bump in the road that's all.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darlington