News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 we fluffed our lines

Author Topic: we fluffed our lines  (Read 3392 times)

dino

we fluffed our lines
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:01:03 AM »

in total agreement with mr heathcote.

they were probably the worst full time team we have ever played at this stage of the FA Cup , but we produced a very flat performance when it mattered most. the club has the opportunity once a year in this cup competition to entertain the floating voters/neutrals who come and watch our cup exploits , and we fluffed our lines .

the subdued crowd mirrored the performance of the team, as they failed to create any tempo at all.Rather dissappointing all round,as we could have done much better.

Alex

Re: we fluffed our lines
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:02:40 AM »

lost did we? what a shocker you decided to post

markecky

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »

Out of interest, how many songs did you start?

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »

I thought the crowd was good last night, got behind them really well. It went a little quiet after the penalty miss, but that was always likely to suck the energy out of the place a bit. As for knocking the team's efforts, I agree we can do much better in the final third but we had the better of the game. If Senior hadn't been professionally fouled/Warren had stuck the pen away we'd be in the next round.

joe

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 10:40:10 AM »

I thought Luton were a very poor side and was very disappointed that the only save their keeper had to make in 120 minutes of football was Peytons penalty! Presume Little was injured to be subbed at half time but i can't understand bringing Senior off just after they went down to ten men when his pace was starting to cause them problems. I agree with Graham,i doubt you'll see a worse league side at Moss Lane and last night must go down as a missed opportunity.

dino

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 10:57:34 AM »

last evenings attendance demonstrates the potential fan base this club has,even with a modicum of success.  But i re-iterate  "potential"..... we need to entertain these floaters if we are to make them regulars, and last evening was a big opportunity missed. Heathcote knows that ,  and reflected that in his post match wrap.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »

Dino, your initial post/thread I beleive makes very good reading.

I agree we were truely aweful, worst performance ever, GH should be sacked as well as all the players and crowd were a total dissapointment.

In other words, please crawl back in to your hole until the next defeat. You really do make a total **** of yourself at times with all your negativity. Shame really as I am sure you are an educated person whos glass is always half full.

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »

I agree with Joes post almost word for word, but I can't decide if both teams were poor, or they just cancelled each other out. I can't remember us having a shot at their place and last night I can only remember the penalty miss being on target. Recall Luton having only slightly more efforts on goal. It was a terrible game, dragged out torturously to the bitter end and best forgotten. Sorry if that sounds harsh, the lads put everything they had into it, but it just wasn't enough and made very painful viewing. Again, the central defence did well and Dale and Ant threw themselves at everything. Also, we appear to have a fine keeper in Andy Ralph, so there are some positives at least.

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 01:31:26 PM »

in total agreement with mr heathcote.

they were probably the worst full time team we have ever played at this stage of the FA Cup , but we produced a very flat performance when it mattered most. the club has the opportunity once a year in this cup competition to entertain the floating voters/neutrals who come and watch our cup exploits , and we fluffed our lines .

the subdued crowd mirrored the performance of the team, as they failed to create any tempo at all.Rather dissappointing all round,as we could have done much better.

Dino why don't we sack Graham Barrow not that he should and get you as assistant then we'd have the most negative management team in the league .
if the crowd were subdued had you confused Old Trafford for moss lane. Not one Alty player can walk off that pitch last night and say he didn't give there all fantastic performance,Fantastic atmosphere now the question is how many P/T fans will return for saturdays game?... Not many

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »

Before i start i have not agreed with Dino's comments in the past. However i thought we were poor last night and i am a very positive person.

Our set peice play was incrdibley poor on free kicks and corners wasting chance after chance.

Everyone seemed scared to shoot from even 15 yards when play opened up in front of them.

And as for the penalty you have to be brave to take them but i didnt think Warren looked that good all night; as posted elswhere i would have took him off and left senior on.

Gutted about the result; fantastic crowd here is to a win on Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:45:31 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Reading Robin

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 04:58:34 PM »

I'm still not buying that Luton are such a poor team, they have mid-table form after all.  I think we just succeeded in stopping them playing in the two games.  I was interested to see you thought we were shot shy wayno, it did seem strange looking at the stats how few attempts we had given the pressure.  I think GH was just disappointed at coming so close, im sure in the future he will look on this as a good performance.     

Knocking the crowd seems harsh, i wasn't there last night to judge but there was obviously a great atmosphere generated at Luton.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »

I'm still not buying that Luton are such a poor team, they have mid-table form after all.  I think we just succeeded in stopping them playing in the two games.  I was interested to see you thought we were shot shy wayno, it did seem strange looking at the stats how few attempts we had given the pressure.  I think GH was just disappointed at coming so close, im sure in the future he will look on this as a good performance.     

Knocking the crowd seems harsh, i wasn't there last night to judge but there was obviously a great atmosphere generated at Luton.

It was strange everytime we got near everyone wanted to try and cross the ball to the back post instead of thumping it !
ParkINson's red and white army

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »

Dino what a load of crap u write the only thing wrong last night was the floodlight failure do u ever get behind the team or do you always complain
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 we fluffed our lines