News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Away form/following

Author Topic: Away form/following  (Read 4384 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Away form/following
« on: September 12, 2015, 05:06:35 PM »

8 away defeats on the bounce or not, 138 for a 43 mile journey on a Saturday in fine weather is woeful,We were taking more in the unibond league, all back for the next crisis no doubt..

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Away form/following
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »

Not waiting for or wanting a crisis, just don't enjoy being penned in the top corner of a stand and charged silly money for a half time brew.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »

Family and work makes away travel very difficult these days
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 05:26:09 PM »

I guess you will always get the die-hards who attend no matter what the prospect, the distance or the cost and the team will be grateful for their support. They are the backbone of the clubs support.

But you will also get others who weigh up the prospects of 'getting something from the game', the weather, the distance, standing or seating, the costs, new ground / old ground, pubs around the ground, the alternatives etc. Today the distance was favourable but the costs, the prospects, and the weather (this morning) amongst other things were not.........the floating away support probably reduces dramatically when this happens. Today is maybe a good example of that
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 05:26:26 PM »

I think thats a respectable turnout tbh,it's about 1/6 of our home support thats travelled to watch a team that as Figgy has already pointed out have lost 8 away games on the bounce. 43 miles isn't our furthest away trip by far but its hardly around the corner and many people can't afford to attend both home and away games in the current financial climate.

Mr Woolf

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 05:41:23 PM »

Not everyone can afford to follow the team away from home, might have to sell some programmes

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »

Family and work makes away travel very difficult these days
i have moved away from the area and you are right Wayne people have kids etc but we have a lot more at home than we did 140 to Wrexham is disappointing just as 30 at Woking and 15 at Dover are

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:11 PM »

our away following does appear to have dropped off a fair  bit , bet we took 350ish  when greg young scored at wrexham about five years ago ?

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »

I think thats a respectable turnout tbh,it's about 1/6 of our home support thats travelled to watch a team that as Figgy has already pointed out have lost 8 away games on the bounce. 43 miles isn't our furthest away trip by far but its hardly around the corner and many people can't afford to attend both home and away games in the current financial climate.
Its not respectable at all, its very poor. Our away support most be the poorest in the league now numbers wise

Home turnouts have been poor as well to be honest, despite good form

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 02:04:48 PM »

Its not respectable at all, its very poor. Our away support most be the poorest in the league now numbers wise

Home turnouts have been poor as well to be honest, despite good form

so the question is why ?

Are we going into local schools with free tickets ?
How are we advertising games? 
Etc etc
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 02:27:14 PM »

Our gate on Tuesday was actually acceptable, given that Eastleigh only brought 8 supporters (no complaints for a 450 mile plus round trip in midweek !), and that both Manchester clubs were live on the box at the same time. To get more in, we need to be threatening the playoffs rather than flirting with the drop zone. And that is increasingly unlikely this season as we struggle with injuries, and a very small squad we are unable to improve because of financial strictures. I'll settle for survival to be perfectly frank.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »

I was 50:50 about Lincoln but after today I am definitely going.  The boys need all of us behind them

And then Boreham Wood Saturday - really important one.  They are at Torquay in midweek

I will be there

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »

My thoughts entirely. I just have to persuade the Mrs to let me go now.
I was 50:50 about Lincoln but after today I am definitely going.  The boys need all of us behind them
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Away form/following