News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Comments from Kiddie boss Mark Yates

Author Topic: Comments from Kiddie boss Mark Yates  (Read 3801 times)

samba

« on: January 09, 2008, 02:18:26 PM »

From t'BBC:

"Harriers boss unhappy with defeat

Kidderminster Harriers manager Mark Yates was unhappy with his side's 2-1 defeat at Altrincham having 'thrown away' a one-goal lead.

All three goals came in the second half after the first 45 minutes was interrupted by a thunderstorm.

"I'd like to apologise to the supporters because it should have been a comfortable 1-0 win," Yates told BBC Hereford & Worcester.

"The weather is no excuse, we've taken the lead and thrown it away again"

"We gave two ridiculous goals away, particularly the first one," the Harriers boss added.

"We've only got to clear our lines, they're not causing us any problems and we've been the architects of our own downfall.

"A few harsh words have been said in the dressing room because it's happened too many times.

"The conditions were awful and that is when you see games out and you win 1-0 and we didn't do that today."

-----------------------------------------
I'd hardly call the goals ridiculous; The second was the best piece of thinking we've done all season and the first was well worked.  Bad losers eh? :D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Comments from Kiddie boss Mark Yates
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 02:31:25 PM »

From t'BBC:

"Harriers boss unhappy with defeat

Kidderminster Harriers manager Mark Yates was unhappy with his side's 2-1 defeat at Altrincham having 'thrown away' a one-goal lead.

All three goals came in the second half after the first 45 minutes was interrupted by a thunderstorm.

"I'd like to apologise to the supporters because it should have been a comfortable 1-0 win," Yates told BBC Hereford & Worcester.

"The weather is no excuse, we've taken the lead and thrown it away again"

"We gave two ridiculous goals away, particularly the first one," the Harriers boss added

-----------------------------------------
I'd hardly call the goals ridiculous; The second was the best piece of thinking we've done all season and the first was well worked.  Bad losers eh? :D

The second goal was a quick thinking free kick then an excellent cross and met by Warren's right foot. Chris senior and only just come out of the dressing rooms after getting changed and missed the goal i informed him Peyton had scored with his right foot and he seemed quite amazed
@AltyDaz

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »

The only thing he didn't say was: "No disrespect to Alty, but we should be beating teams like this!"

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »

The only thing he didn't say was: "No disrespect to Alty, but we should be beating teams like this!"
He did in his own way, We gave two ridiculous goals away, particularly the first one," the Harriers boss added

@AltyDaz

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »

they were bad goals to give away. the defence parted like the red sea (no cliche intended). good thing was we had the ability to exploit it.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 03:57:17 PM »

The goal we gave them was a mistake, it was a mistake between lawton and the centre half and we did not clear the lines.

Thats football and they need to get over it.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:30:26 PM »

I think he's spot on really. At 1 down they shouldn't have let us anywhere near the game. Like he says all they had to do was T**t it. We hadn't had a Ryan target til then.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »

We hadn't had a Ryan target til then.
very clever sir

letsbyavenue

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »

Took a while to work that out. How about ' When I'm on the moors I wear my Graham'

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »

He came close with, "'Altrincham weren't causing us any problems whatsoever and we caused by our own by making some mistakes', Yates said, after the game".

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:32:29 AM »

it should have been a comfortable 1-0 win ???????????????????

with such an ambitiious mindset I'm amazed we managed to claw our way back into the game.

Butty

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 08:46:56 PM »

He came close with, "'Altrincham weren't causing us any problems whatsoever and we caused by our own by making some mistakes', Yates said, after the game".

well we could say Kidderminster weren't causing us any problems (apart froma  few long shots) and we caused our own by making a(nother) mistake.

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »

well we could say Kidderminster weren't causing us any problems (apart froma  few long shots) and we caused our own by making a(nother) mistake.

Exactly, other than their goal I dont remember them having many (if any) shots on target

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »

i can't recall either keeper making a save

Altyant

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 12:58:53 AM »

The only one I remember was Toulson went through, we had 3 against 1 & he tried to skid a shot across the surface which was comfortably saved by Bevan.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team