PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Other teams leaving the league
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Other teams leaving the league  (Read 9354 times)

Red N White Dynamite

Re: Other teams leaving the league
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »

The concensus is that we'd rather be in the conf national but we will not be kicking down anyone's door to force the issue. We accept relegation graciously and if lady luck hands us a reprieve we will accept it without any schadenfreude.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 04:52:08 PM »

I agree  and i would not like to see another club fold either
Harold

Altysmiffy

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 04:56:04 PM »

No-one wants to see a club fold, but if they are thrown out of the Conference they could possibly start in the Southern League. Everyone wins: the wrongdoers are punished and the club stays in existence.

altyf

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 06:17:07 PM »

i agree i don't like to see any club fold but a football club isnt kept in a league by just what happens on the pitch. The club has to deal financially and run the club as a business. and this is what makes me proud to be an ALTY fan. We survived as a part time team in conf national and then the following season, came 4th bottom with a respectable 51 points. At the same time we made small profit over the season and improved the debt problem when a lesser club would have made a difference decision. therefore, although i dont like to see clubs fold, it is punishment for not running the club properly and if we stay up due to another clubs financial problems i won't accept the "you were lucky" speech or the "you're only here cos of Crawley" speech because we ran our club properly and you didnt.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 12:26:44 AM »

Spot on Altyf, exactly the point. Why we went down is because we didn't get one more goal, one more point but others stay up by buying their position with funds they don't have. If it can happen to a club the size of Leeds then surely these buy now pay later clubs have to see the writing is on the wall. The gamble will not work long term.

Football itself must change, the Conference wage cap is a good move but it needs to be properly audited and regular spot checks carried out so clubs cant do what Vics are supposed to have done in delaying publishing accounts.

The moral high ground is all well and good but only if others who walk over rules are caught out and dealt with as any other business would be.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

BORO-PIKE

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007, 11:54:24 AM »

F.A.O.
Bob

Stafford aint losing any points as they haven't played any inelligable players, offered bungs, gone into admin or anything else for that matter ::)

Feel sorry for genuine fans but those who support prospering of wrong doing or try to cover up shall surely fall from grace ala M Connett and the Madjeeds

PIKE

Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Other teams leaving the league