PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Other teams leaving the league
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Other teams leaving the league  (Read 9353 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Other teams leaving the league
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 09:40:58 AM »

FAO Robbie the Crawley fan - too right mate, I'd rather take my punishment and watch Alty in the Conf North  as opposed to watching your team being made a laughing stock by a couple of crooks. The more sensible among your fans were happy to do a Canvey at the start of the season than go through the farce of being 'run'  by the Majeeds. I reckon you need the luck more than we do next year.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 10:06:06 AM »

heres to hoping and dreamig then!

You can hope and dream all you like, Crawley aint going anywhere, we have done enough on the field, to rightfully keep our place in the Premier, weve paid our dues with a ten point deduction, weve made a team out of players that no one else wanted and we held our own, Alty however didnt, so take your punishment for not being good enough for this league, like Tamworth, Southport and st albans had to.

I accept that we didn't do well enough on the pitch to stay up because the league table speaks for itself. I accept we will play in a lower league next year also.

Most of all, however, we at Alty will all hold our heads high and feel proud that we gave it our best whilst acting with integrity and paying our way at all times. We have solid foundations upon which to build and we also have a chairman (I assume you still don't have one!). Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to take two steps forward and we all know the score at Alty. There is no bitterness, no "sack the board" and there are also no thugs in control of the club facing the potential loss of their assets if we can't pay a CVA. I would still be proud of this club if we were playing in trhe North West Counties League and I would not swap with Crawley for anything even if it takes another 5 years for us to bounce back.

I'M SO PROUD TO BE AN ALTY FAN

teasybeaver

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 10:22:17 AM »

You can hope and dream all you like, Crawley aint going anywhere, we have done enough on the field, to rightfully keep our place in the Premier, weve paid our dues with a ten point deduction, weve made a team out of players that no one else wanted and we held our own, Alty however didnt, so take your punishment for not being good enough for this league, like Tamworth, Southport and st albans had to.

I accept that we didn't do well enough on the pitch to stay up because the league table speaks for itself. I accept we will play in a lower league next year also.

Most of all, however, we at Alty will all hold our heads high and feel proud that we gave it our best whilst acting with integrity and paying our way at all times. We have solid foundations upon which to build and we also have a chairman (I assume you still don't have one!). Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to take two steps forward and we all know the score at Alty. There is no bitterness, no "sack the board" and there are also no thugs in control of the club facing the potential loss of their assets if we can't pay a CVA. I would still be proud of this club if we were playing in trhe North West Counties League and I would not swap with Crawley for anything even if it takes another 5 years for us to bounce back.

I'M SO PROUD TO BE AN ALTY FAN

This is very true, and you can ring in a few other clubs i wouldnt swap places for. How long will northwich last in their current state? Droylsden, not the kind of club that will be knocking on the conference door in 5 years time. Numerous other conference clubs living in the shadow of a bursting bubble!

We're down but not out, its the third time we've been relegated in recent years and we've had more success in that time than i can remember. Its an opportunity for us to build up again and enjoy some good results along the way.

Im gutted for everyone there on saturday, particularly the lads and lasses who were experiencing their third relegation at moss lane, I really feel for these true football fans. But we've been there before and i wouldnt be suprised if we taste it again. To get back to where we are now means winning the league or another great day at stoke or similar. Surely that opportunity alone beats the bollocks off being a creepy crawley fan with the majeeds ready to pull the trigger at any time!

Cheers crawley robbie, you really helped bring out the positives at moss lane!

Silkyman23

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 11:49:12 AM »

If, as is highly possible, Boston go down on Saturday then I doubt they will survive.

Not only will they have a 10 point deduction for next season, but they will owe at least £1.5m and may yet be evicted from their ground.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 12:09:12 PM »

If, as is highly possible, Boston go down on Saturday then I doubt they will survive.

Not only will they have a 10 point deduction for next season, but they will owe at least £1.5m and may yet be evicted from their ground.

As much as I dislike Boston and think their club is a cmplete shambles I would just feel a bit empty were we to survive in this way. Last season we genuinely survived on the pitch but despite our best efforts we failed to do so this year. I would naturally be happy to stay in the Conference but would certainly not feel like celebrating it at the expense of another club (whoever they might be).

Something tells me Boston will get something sorted out and play on next year in the conference.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 12:10:40 PM »

The irony of this is unbelievable Silky. So basically, if we want the possibility of Boston coming down going bust and repreiving us we have to hope and pray Macc stay up on the last day ::)

Also, as I feared, we wait 10 years for you to come down so we meet again and what happens, we're back down too. Never the twain shall meet >:(

Personally I knew we were doomed when the Setanta deal was announced, we are unbelievably unlucky at missing out on windfalls. Incredible :( Likewise, I've a feeling Wrexham will come down now that we're in the BSN, another payday bites the dust :P

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »

If we were to be reprieved, we would continue to work within our means - which is what we all want - and would be in for another season of struggle with the likelihood of another season-long fight against relegation.
I'm not sure if that's very palatable either.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »

Struggle at Exeter vs. battle at Redditch.

Struggle please!  :)

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »

Struggle at Exeter vs. battle at Redditch.

Struggle please!  :)

Agreed.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »

Agreed ,but Exeter my well be in division2 next season
Harold

markecky

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 03:37:37 PM »

We deserve to go down, we didn't get enough points.  Can't see many on here saying differently. We tried our best but it wasn't enough.

Please, please spare us the "its been a struggle against all odds crap".  You beaten a number of clubs to the signature of players this season.  How many signings have you made this year?

Does Tony Scully player for £50 and petrol money at Crawley?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 03:48:13 PM »

This may be of some interest. Maybe.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

T.A

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 05:46:06 PM »

definetly st albans and probably tamworth

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 08:29:54 AM »

It seems that May 11th is D Day for Crawley if they have not paid back their creditors by then then they will lose their conferance status,not that i wish that upon them.
Harold

fgrfan

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 04:33:44 PM »

if boston liquidate when relegated and u r given a reprieve. would you rather build up in the conference north or try conference football for another season?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Other teams leaving the league