PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty on the radio
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Alty on the radio  (Read 15861 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty on the radio
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 03:34:28 PM »

Another downside would be the cost of replacing all the bog rolls they'd nick and take home with them.

BTW before any one gets all self rightious, I was one once and that's how I recognise a lot of this stuff. I've seen groups out on a Friday make a round of drinks last two hours. Well it would've been a round if they hadn't all got their own.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

jill06

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 03:35:09 PM »

now now, dont get upset  :'( just the way you referred to the tv guide in the last message gave me the understandin you were a regular with them. must be "US" students jumping to conclusions again, god were such t***s.

at the end of the day when i graduate i will encourage people to go to uni and work hard but enjoy the lifestyle as you only live once, dont think there is any reason to slag people off simply becasue they are taking advantage of the opportunity to better themselves and enjoy it. if there are any graduates on this forum im sue they'd agree they lived the life to the full when studying.

maybe you should try it bighairedmike, being a student is fun. :)

jill06

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 03:36:59 PM »

your right we probably make our drinks last all night but thats because we would have all been on the cheap beer in the union. its not rocket science!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »

Well we used to get half cut at the halls/flat before we went out. Cheap cider or homebrew! Had the best year ever in my first year, still remember it fondly 23 years later.

Ta for the Goodwin too if it was you?

bighairedmike

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 03:42:26 PM »

lol. the goodwin was me and, no probs.

i'm not gettin upset. :) i dont have anyfin against students and i have student mates. and i didnt call students T**ts :) and i may jus try it sumtime  :-*

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »

I just cannot believe how seriously this thread has been taken.

jill06

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »

you should, its great fun.  ;)

bighairedmike

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 03:50:21 PM »

:)

teasybeaver

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »

now now, dont get upset  :'( just the way you referred to the tv guide in the last message gave me the understandin you were a regular with them. must be "US" students jumping to conclusions again, god were such t***s.

at the end of the day when i graduate i will encourage people to go to uni and work hard but enjoy the lifestyle as you only live once, dont think there is any reason to slag people off simply becasue they are taking advantage of the opportunity to better themselves and enjoy it. if there are any graduates on this forum im sue they'd agree they lived the life to the full when studying.

maybe you should try it bighairedmike, being a student is fun. :)

Not sure poor mike deserved any of that! And will you get it into your over exerted, fully academic brain that nobody called students "T**ts"! that was a main point in my previous post. id say i could point out a few people on here who went uni, and most of them have the ability to laugh at themselves. you obviously dont and therefore will become offended at seriousness of claims that students pay for drinks with cheques. its a shame for you it really is, when i was at uni we prided ourselves on not having a laugh, even at our own expense! You are judging everybody on here as non-students, similarly to phil the steward/ref, maybe you should think about that before ranting at a group of good humoured post-graduates re-living the nostalgia of those easy academic days. one day you look back on university and raise a smile, if you have time in your slightly too serious schedule!

teasybeaver

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 03:55:17 PM »

Obviously uni did nothing for me english skills and i can confirm that i did in fact pride myself in always having a laugh, and not always not having a laugh as i initially suggested.

please can we get back to the paul calf style humour. i remember the chippy gag he did, along with some others, very funny that coogan chap. Mr Ecky will provide Coogan quotes on tap and it never fails to amuse me!

jill06

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »

haha, did it take you a long time to think of all that? you should really read back through the posts and you will realise that once myself, mike and SW got our points accross we actually turned it into some humour. who looks a little silly now then?  ::)

jill06

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 04:01:54 PM »

so to make this light hearted again if you were a student living in halls and you could pick 3 people to share you floor, who would u choose? it can be  anyone? id personally have peter kay, david beckham and gordon ramsay.  ;D

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 04:03:01 PM »

You studying English Jill, its just that across only has one "c"!

jill06

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »

no exercise science and rehab, dont really work with letters, calculations is the bulk of my degree. i use spell check when i cn be arsed, but there is often spelling mistakes on here so didnt bother.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »

Only teasing ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty on the radio