Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott is approaching his Alty half-century....

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott is approaching his Alty half-century....  (Read 1978 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 30, 2012, 06:32:07 PM »

Saturday's fixture versus Histon at Moss Lane will represent Lee Sinnott's 50th competitive match as Alty's manager.

For the record, the statistics so far are as follows:

PL   W     D     L     F       A

49   18   10   21   100   90

So, Damian Reeves' reflex header against Chester last Monday brought up the century for goals scored under Lee Sinnott's management of the Robins.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnott is approaching his Alty half-century....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »

Whilst its not all Mr Sinnotts doing, and whilst attacking football is great on the eye, according to Ballers calculations, we've conceed 191 goals in 102.5 games (including the curzon abandonment) since Aug 2010, which is frankly ridiculous and also disrespectful to one of the best goalkeepers outside the football league. Maybe like I said early in the week, we need to revert to 5 at the back. And if that means scoring less goals then so be it.

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 06:43:27 PM »

Does this include CSC games because we all know they don't really count as first team matches!

Surprised to see he has lost more games than he has won. I hope his next 50 games look something along the lines of  -  W20   D15   L15

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 06:48:35 PM »

Saturday's fixture versus Histon at Moss Lane will represent Lee Sinnott's 50th competitive match as Alty's manager.

So, Damian Reeves' reflex header against Chester last Monday brought up the century for goals scored under Lee Sinnott's management of the Robins.

how have other managers faired at this level (ie the same leauge as such) in there times IE Bernard and Graham etc

Do you posses such stats ?

Would just be interesting to see :)
ParkINson's red and white army

JDN

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »

Does this include CSC games because we all know they don't really count as first team matches!

Surprised to see he has lost more games than he has won. I hope his next 50 games look something along the lines of  -  W20   D15   L15
I would hope for better than that!

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »

I would hope for better than that!
We need 29-12-9 to be quite honest.

VofD

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »

NOT GOOD ENOUGH really for a club of our supposed standing. :( :(

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »

Yes - but just the one Cheshire Senior Cup match, as we got knocked out of the competition at the first hurdle last season: a 4-3 home defeat against Stockport County.

Alas, Mister Sinnott has a 100% failure record in his three cup ties as Alty manager to date.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »

how have other managers faired at this level (ie the same leauge as such) in there times IE Bernard and Graham etc

Compiling similar data for the likes of Bernard Taylor and Graham Heathcote respectively would be a little more complex and time-consuming!

Just by way of a quick comparison (and by my calculations), Mark Ward accumulated the sum of 45 games in charge of Alty and, coincidentally, Ken McKenna was also the Robins' manager for a total of 45 matches.

If I get the opportunity, I'll have a look at their respective records and post the results.

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 12:11:14 AM »

almost two per game. ouch.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 07:17:24 AM »

Compiling similar data for the likes of Bernard Taylor and Graham Heathcote respectively would be a little more complex and time-consuming!

Just by way of a quick comparison (and by my calculations), Mark Ward accumulated the sum of 45 games in charge of Alty and, coincidentally, Ken McKenna was also the Robins' manager for a total of 45 matches.

If I get the opportunity, I'll have a look at their respective records and post the results.

you are like an A to Z of Alty you are :)
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team