PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very proud tonight
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Very proud tonight  (Read 4005 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Very proud tonight
« on: April 03, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »

We're up to 10th place and mathematically safe. This season has been a real success as far as I'm concerned and I'm proud of every single person who has helped to make it happen.

Onwards and upwards, really proud to be Alty!!!!
Come on Alty!

tottenham alty

Re: Very proud tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »

Good performance today - if we can keep this team together for next season we should do even better.

COMON ALTY!!!!!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 05:21:22 PM »

With a little bit more luck on the injury side of things well, who knows?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »

We're up to 10th place and mathematically safe. This season has been a real success as far as I'm concerned and I'm proud of every single person who has helped to make it happen.

Fully agree with all of that. Who knows what could have been achieved if we'd had a fully fit Dale and Colin available all season. Next season could be very good indeed.

That said, we need to focus on the next target which must be to overhaul Crawley and finish as high up the table as possible.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »

Is this the first time this season that the overall home performance has exceeded that of away?

VofD

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »

Not quite there yet. If FGR win their last 5 games, they would have 54 points. If we were to lose all our remaining games, we would finish with 53 points. Highly unlikely though.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »

Eastbourne are on 40 points, 4 to play = max of 52 points.  we are safe.

we are staying up!!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »

Not quite there yet. If FGR win their last 5 games, they would have 54 points. If we were to lose all our remaining games, we would finish with 53 points. Highly unlikely though.

Eastbourne, Ebbsfleet and Grays are all unable to overtake us, so it's not possible for us to finish in the bottom three.

Come on Alty!  :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:32:50 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:39:10 PM »

FANTASTIC . What a great performance , the lads gave there all today , they looked absolutley knackered at the end , im a bit annoyed with some of our fans stood behind me today who kept moaning that we wern't pushing up on them towards the end , well done boys , i will be at York Monday lets hope we cant get a point from them .

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »

Great result today, everybody put in a shift..

Well done lads

FGR losing was a drop of icing on the cake...

jimmyhank

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »

Well done lads. Absolutely gutted to have missed today's game and my pre-match John Smith's. Evidently you're supposed to spend time with your family during holidays?!

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 09:29:24 PM »

For a part time team on our budget having had key injuries to avoid relegation from this league is a big achievement.

To have done it this early and be 10th is monumental.

Heathcote in.

VofD

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »

Eastbourne, Ebbsfleet and Grays are all unable to overtake us, so it's not possible for us to finish in the bottom three.

Come on Alty!  :)
Apologies.Useless arithmetic on my part. ??? ??? ???

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 03:17:43 AM »

For a part time team on our budget having had key injuries to avoid relegation from this league is a big achievement.

To have done it this early and be 10th is monumental.

Heathcote in.

Should have been done in january.

Heathcote out!!    ;D

brian1925

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »

What a fantastic game of football between two honest hardworking sides. Well done to the kiddy fans that made it to Moss Lane and sang throughout and well done to Steve Burr, who shook every Alty player's hand at the end. As a former manager of a part-time club he knows how hard it must have been for our lads yesterday. Thought that poor Carden in particular was running on empty by the time he was subbed after running himself into the ground. Best players for me were the full backs Densmore and Brown - just hope we can keep all the lads we've got for next season. Robbie Matthews for them was one of the most effective strikers I've ever seen at this level and it makes you realise just how much we've missed Dale this season. Well done to GH, KM and all the lads for ensuring another season punching above our weight.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very proud tonight