PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 here we go again...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: here we go again...  (Read 4793 times)

Jezza

here we go again...
« on: January 04, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »

a win at gainsboro will put us top by a point by my reckoning with a tough match v telford on Saturday.

how many opportunities are we going to get to put our noses in front?....lets take this one lads it's there for the taking and we undoubtedly have the best squad in the league!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: here we go again...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 05:19:07 PM »

What a superb win, can't wait to see the highlights, thought leamington were excellent, so it was a fantastic win and performance, and what a 3rd goal, I would have Changed the formation with 30 mins left if it was me, but superb result nonetheless, let's push on and make Tuesday count

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 05:34:18 PM »

What a superb win, can't wait to see the highlights, thought leamington were excellent, so it was a fantastic win and performance, and what a 3rd goal, I would have Changed the formation with 30 mins left if it was me, but superb result nonetheless, let's push on and make Tuesday count

leamington probably deserved a point, but a very hard fought win, they also had a decent sized vocal following.Im not convinced by that formation as a plan a , feel clee is much better as a wide player running at defenders.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »

leamington probably deserved a point, but a very hard fought win, they also had a decent sized vocal following.Im not convinced by that formation as a plan a , feel clee is much better as a wide player running at defenders.

Agree overall. Thought we were lucky to get 3 points today, but it was a great strike from Wally to win the match. Formation did not work, should have changed it as at times in first half it was more like an 8-2 formation, with the ball lumped to Reeves n Perry, although that could have been due to Leam playing with a defensive line quite high up the pitch. Great to see Higgo in an Alty shirt - thought he did well today. Need to improve for the Telford match. Hope Simon Richman is OK

Keep it simple with 4-4-2:

.........Stu
Dens.............Luca..............Leather...............Buzz
Richman............Higginbotham..............Moult...........Clee
Reeves..................Walshaw

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:04:17 PM by jhcorbett »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »

I've been critical of Perry in the past. Couldn't fault his workrate today. Worked hard at Stalbridge too. His partnership with Reeves is really coming on. Great to see.

Different calibre of opposition today and we stood up to the test.

Stockport have given Gainsboro a thrashing so hopefully they'll be feeling fragile on Tuesday.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »

Great result. I'll be surprised if anyone else takes 6 points of them this season. Best team I've seen this season.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 06:23:30 PM »

Should be a good crowd next Saturday for what looks like a truly mouthwatering fixture against Telford.

We can do this!!!!
Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »

after that game anyfin is possible
we are alty we are alty 

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 06:43:51 PM »

Shades of McKenna/Kettering in 91?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 06:55:57 PM »

It was rapture Leon, baring in mind we'd just cleared a chance of there's off the line a mere 60 seconds earlier, was just about to go mad that Walshaw hadn't  squared the ball to the on rushing clee, but bloody hell, what a finish, it really was one of "those moments" you get in seasons when your challenging for promotion, a possible turning point (fingers firmly crossed)

joe

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »

Agree overall. Thought we were lucky to get 3 points today, but it was a great strike from Wally to win the match. Formation did not work, should have changed it as at times in first half it was more like an 8-2 formation, with the ball lumped to Reeves n Perry, although that could have been due to Leam playing with a defensive line quite high up the pitch. Great to see Higgo in an Alty shirt - thought he did well today. Need to improve for the Telford match. Hope Simon Richman is OK

Keep it simple with 4-4-2:

.........Stu
Dens.............Luca..............Leather...............Buzz
Richman............Higginbotham..............Moult...........Clee
Reeves..................Walshaw

Why does everyone presume Danny can play centre mid just because he's ex Premier League? As far as I'm aware he's only ever played centre back or left back since turning professional.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »

Why does everyone presume Danny can play centre mid just because he's ex Premier League? As far as I'm aware he's only ever played centre back or left back since turning professional.

Did he not play centre mid for Chester this season?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »

Did he not play centre mid for Chester this season?

No, it's one of them there urban myths.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »

No, it's one of them there urban myths.
A prostitute with a lisp?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 07:55:48 PM »

A good win against a very good Leamington side. There 7 was superb. Excellent winner by Walshaw.
I spent long periods of the game watching and listening to Danny marshalling the defence. I really think he will become a great asset to the club and will shape and develop our back four into a solid unit and make the likes of Scott Leather an even better player.

We can really kick on from here and hopefully go on win this bloody league

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 here we go again...