PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brian junior smikle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Brian junior smikle  (Read 16815 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brian junior smikle
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »

left midfielder according to everything on google wiki etc....no wonder he cuts in....

left footed but plays on the right a tad strange

Not like Gareth Bale ever cuts in from the right to belt in a few classics!

Bale doesn't play on right though

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 11:15:58 AM »

Says he's predominately right footed here, but can operate on either flank, adaptable players fit our model.

The 24-year-old worked with Robins boss Mark Yates and coach Neil Howarth for more than three years at Aggborough and joins Cheltenham as a free agent.
"He's been excellent at Kidderminster the last three or four seasons," Howarth told BBC Radio Gloucestershire.
"He's a goal threat, a very attack-minded player. He's one of the hardest workers and fittest lads you'll find."
Smikle scored 13 goals for Harriers in the 2009-10 season, finishing as the Blue Square Premier club's top scorer and winning the club's player of the year award.

Predominantly right-footed, he has turned into a mostly left-sided player, but Howarth insists the winger can operated down either flank.
"He came to us at Kidderminster as a right winger and he was in and out of the team in the first season," he said.
"Since then he's moved over to the left and he's perhaps had more success on the left, but he's one of those if he was back on the right hand side he'd be as comfortable there.
"I think he's improved as a player over the last couple of years and it's just coincidence he's done well on the left."

Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »

left midfielder according to everything on google wiki etc....no wonder he cuts in....

Not like Gareth Bale ever cuts in from the right to belt in a few classics!

Bale doesn't play on right though

but how many times did he receive the ball on the right and cut inside to cause the opposition an awful lot of trouble?

Robin Reliant

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 05:19:35 PM »

Yes if you want him to go to the byline and cross, but if he's to cut infield and shoot, being leftfooted gives him an advantage,

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 08:24:33 PM »

I didnt go today but have to say some of you lot dont give any bugger chance to impress - the bloke had part of a game to show what he can do

Like Pete said he ran us bloody ragged when he has played against us before

Give him and others chance for christ sake

I suppose if we dont win all our opening games Lee Sinnotts head will be on the block again

>:(

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 07:37:55 AM »

That said there is no further news on him as yet from the club. That means he could have declined terms IF Lee has spoken to him. It also could mean Lee has invited him to come down next Saturday to have a further look against Burnley.

I hope that is the case, but the lad could also have other choices, I imagine his mobile could be ringing from other clubs.

Time will tell now, but I trust Lee to do the right think, I cannot imagine he would sign a player after just seeing him for 35 minutes, he may be at training this week.

Here's really hoping, I will keep my fingers crossed; but this is what I would like for our team.

Ecky, no comments from you as yet?? Are you on holiday?

Steve from Sale

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »

Time will tell now, but I trust Lee to do the right think, I cannot imagine he would sign a player after just seeing him for 35 minutes, he may be at training this week.

My worry is, we haven't acted quickly or decisively enough this summer with regards to a winger (which I'd still have wanted even with Dunc here) and thus LS is going to have to make a decision based on 35 minutes worth of football..

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »

To be fair to Sinnott who's to say he didn't act the thing is quality players will want more money than some of the players we have the club must know this

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »

My worry is, we haven't acted quickly or decisively enough this summer with regards to a winger (which I'd still have wanted even with Dunc here) and thus LS is going to have to make a decision based on 35 minutes worth of football..

That's intriguing, you must have some inside info I don't have. Who was it we could have had if LS had been more decisive?

bumble

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »

Quote from: Ballers link=topi,=17330.msg204233#msg204233 date=1375604343

35 mins, 1/2 sessions this week, a friendly on saturday plus any sessions the week after...

Didnt we sign Paddy Lacey after 30 minutes in the game v Morecambe?

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »

Because smickle has pedigree someone would step in before the burnley game if we dont make an offer also I'd hardly say the signing of Lacey was a good idea

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 11:11:38 AM »

I heard a deal was done to bring in joe mwasile from Morecambe on a season long loan, but that broke down as soon as jack redshaw unfortunately broke his leg, so to be fair, something was in place by the manager for a winger, but circumstance scuppered that signing, so that's probably why we haven't bought anyone in yet.

Jezza

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 02:06:38 PM »

Steve from Sale

Mark was last seen disguised as a cabbie (check shirt and tight shorts) in wales and moaning his speedos didn't fit anymore......so I'd guess he is indeed on his jollies.....

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

Steve from Sale

Mark was last seen disguised as a cabbie (check shirt and tight shorts) in wales and moaning his speedos didn't fit anymore......so I'd guess he is indeed on his jollies.....
From that description, I must be disguised as a non cabby  :D

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »

Steve from Sale

Ok whos been spying on me in my cab and come on phil donnt lie about the speedos
FFS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brian junior smikle