PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's results
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Today's results  (Read 13709 times)

Sheffield_Alty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's results
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 03:24:38 PM »

As pointed out elsewhere, we haven't been playing badly, but we haven't been taking chances and winning games, that's the key. I'd still like to see another forward and another player with pace coming in. Circumstances have dictated that we may find ourselves in a bit of a fix come the last week in January. But we can only play when we can play. First job is to hopefully get through against Leamington. They will be bang up for it, they have a manager under pressure and he'll be filling their heads with "fancy dans" "don't fancy it" "big time Charlie" which we all know is frankly nonsense. We need to play to our potential and get ourselves in to the next round. Same applies to the Bognor fixture. Neither will be easy games, but both are games we can win. Giving us a place in the last 16. We can't do anything about the league at the moment, with cup commitments and postponements except hope for a draw between Torquay & welling on Tuesday.

thats what makes it more worrying, i agree we haven't actually been playing that badly, yet we still cant win or even score often enough, a point away at chester is a good point however we need more. Do you think teams like Dartford and Alfreton played badly every game last season? no. they played well sometimes but still lost and thus got relegated which is what we are in danger of. Having games in hand at the bottom of the table is all well and good but points on the board is much more preferable. This new signing is promising and hopefully will give us a much needed boost, however we need more and we have been hit severely by second season syndrome; whilst our away form is surely one of the worst of any of the top 5 leagues in England. Granted the injuries haven't been a help however if we had a bigger squad they wouldn't have affected us so much. Other players such as James Lawrie and Adam Griffin have majorly underperformed this season as-well. as for relegation, can easily see it happening if we carry on the way we have been then it'll be more a question of when than if. The bottom line is I've read enough posts on here from way back when saying, "if we win this today we can put some serious daylight between us and the bottom 4" but every time we bottled it and hence we find ourselves in the current predicament. got to hope we can pull something out of the bag against grimsby and then go on a run.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 03:48:19 PM »

I have never been convinced we'd survive from the off.   With the season ending injuries to Densmore and Clee I can't see us getting out of the mire. Much as I welcomes me the loanee we need at least a couple more.

I don't think we covered ourselves in glory with the aparant reluctantance to play Tuesday and the early postponement yesterday.

Not a great start to 2016.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:51:19 PM by robininstockport »
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2016, 05:55:59 PM »

The pitch wasn't playable on Tuesday mate.They can say what they like, it wasn't safe.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »

The pitch wasn't playable on Tuesday mate.They can say what they like, it wasn't safe.

So if it had gone ahead there would have been a high risk of more injuries.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2016, 06:17:49 PM »

That and a complete farce of a football match. Three parts of the pitch were essentially quick sand. If you look at the pictures of the remedial work they've had to carry out over the last few days it tells its own story.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2016, 06:49:34 PM »

I don't disagree but they've done a job on us media wise
Full time and proud of it

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »

Not really, no one will really care in a couple of weeks
Bernard Taylors barmy army

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 08:15:21 PM »

Does anyone care even now?

Having seen the state of their pitch it was the right descision and I thought their whining about it just looked totally unprofessional and showed total contempt for the wellbeing of their players.

Not really, no one will really care in a couple of weeks

eightiesrobin

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 09:26:20 PM »

I see on the main site, in the article titled "Numbers to think about" that we now have "5 senior players ruled out for a significant period".

The article names Damien Reeves as one of those five. Is his period of injury now thought to be long term? Anyone ITK here?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »

I see on the main site, in the article titled "Numbers to think about" that we now have "5 senior players ruled out for a significant period".

The article names Damien Reeves as one of those five. Is his period of injury now thought to be long term? Anyone ITK here?

As a (potential) positive, Damian's absence and the signing of a right winger bodes well for playing a balanced 4-5-1 without trying to play 2 up front or just generally put square pegs in round roles

Lose Ranks and we're screwed...

eightiesrobin

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 09:28:30 AM »

As a (potential) positive, Damian's absence and the signing of a right winger bodes well for playing a balanced 4-5-1 without trying to play 2 up front or just generally put square pegs in round roles

Lose Ranks and we're screwed...

Yes, I suppose a return to a five man midfield would probably help, given the lack of success with the two up front option.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »

87 : the number of days of the last close season without a home game - it doesnt feel as long as this break ! (18/04/15 Telford -> 14/07/15 Wigan)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's results