PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's team
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Today's team  (Read 6067 times)

markecky

Re: Today's team
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »

Absolute hard graft from every player won us that. Bodies thrown in, ran and ran.

Every player was excellent.

Tense but so good to see.

RocketDan

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »

The best thing about todays result is the clean sheet. Excluding the bullish defeats of Hinkley and Histon, that is our first clean sheet of the season.

Nice to see Duncan starting and being rested late on.

How did Scott Leather do at left back? He could become a really useful squad player if he is comfortable anywhere across the back four.

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »

No its not the first clean sheet, you don't exclude 6 points. Good win, let's hope we can now improve at home

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 05:45:21 PM »

He already is a really useful squad player, could become much more than that in my opinion. Played well nearly all of the games he's been involved, Burton away at centre he half he was immense, could become a top player for us.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »

1st clean sheet away since slnnot became manager .

altyf

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »

Listening to the game it seemed like the sort of graft that used to get us the odd vital away win fighting against relegation in the Conference. It's what's been missing since we were relegated, the drive and fighting spirit, without which we never stood a chance. I think it's a lot easier to apply this sort of mentality when you are constant underdogs but if we could somehow find this and combine it with our liquid attacking we'd be some force.

thegazelle

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »

great result i have been a bit negative of late which is unusual for me .  lets keep this going

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »

A 1-0 away win is my favourite result. Well done Lee and the boys and all those that made the trip.

Bath Alty

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 06:53:30 PM »

Great to see a second win on the bounce in the flesh after my previous rubbish run.  I thought we looked good throughout the team, Duncan was fantastic. 

For me Sinnot was the weak link and was looking tired at the end, their left sided players had lots of space towards the end.  I'd put either Richman back in or Lawrie up front and Dunc on the right ahead of Sinnot.

Great result - well done.

brian1925

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »

Today was a great result. You just never know what to expect with Alty, but it sounds like real hard work took us over the finishing line today. Well done to all the lads - a clean sheet at Brackley is pretty boss.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »

reeves got clattered, was def injured and hobbling... Should have been subbed.

That's the reason the ball kept coming back - not Sinnott who was strong

But, boy did we battle and boy was my heart in my mouth at the end - a fantastic win

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 09:48:40 PM »

Great to see a second win on the bounce in the flesh after my previous rubbish run.  I thought we looked good throughout the team, Duncan was fantastic. 

For me Sinnot was the weak link and was looking tired at the end, their left sided players had lots of space towards the end.  I'd put either Richman back in or Lawrie up front and Dunc on the right ahead of Sinnot.

Great result - well done.
Can't agree with you about Sinnott. He certainly looked tired in the last few minutes, but only because he'd worked his socks off in the middle of the park to very good effect. As indeed had everybody else.

A special mention to Reevesy (the goal reminded me very much of the way he embarrassed Budtz last season, though slightly less spectacular). He came in for some pretty heavy treatment at times, received little protection from a weakish referee, but ran and ran.

A key feature for me was the return of Carl Rodgers who sweated blood both at the back and in midfield. Overall, a great TEAM performance.

Weather permitting, I believe we can pick up all the next 12 points on offer. And if we do.........

markecky

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »

Niall is spot on, it was like a Darlington type game where we worked and worked and took our chance when it came.

I also disagree about Jordan Sinnott, I thought he worked hard and seems to like drive with the ball into good positions and get a shot in.  I'd play him ahead of Richman and I have liked Richmans improvement this year.

They had a lot of the ball but we literally threw ourselves in front of shots like their lives depended on it.  Every player just worked so hard, it was great to see.

Sets us up now for the next four, we should have confidence.

Bath Alty

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »

Fair enough we all have our views and we agree it was a fantastic team performance.  It was the first time I'd seen Sinnot and I was expecting a little more from someone so highly thought of at a Championship side.

If it's a close call I'd always play our long term player rather than the one on loan, better for morale of the players that will be with us for the whole season and better for team cohesion.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 10:44:54 PM »

Fantastic result, now lets see us put a run of wins together and haul ourselves back where we should be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's team