News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fallout from Tamworth ...

Author Topic: Fallout from Tamworth ...  (Read 3583 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:48:57 PM »

I've not felt like coming on here since weekend but having come on today and having read through the posts, I'd like to add my thoughts for what they're worth.

1.  I was gutted on Saturday but if we'd got a draw with the same performance (and we could have done) a lot of people's views might have been more positive.

2.  Whilst this is an open forum and all views are welcome, talking about the retained list five days before the make-or-break match of our season seems inappropriate to say the least.

3.  There's been quite a bit more negativity on here from a few people over the last day or two - and that's ok if that's how you feel - but if you really have the best interests of the club at heart, couldn't you manage to keep it together and bite your tongue until after the Aldershot game? The team and the club need our support (not just on Saturday but in the run-up to it too) more than ever before. Let's not let them down and let's show them we're behind them all the way come what may.

4.  The fat lady's not even clearing her throat yet - there's lots of reasons to be positive and expect a good outcome to the season so let's all make sure we play our part in a constructive way.

Come on you Super Robins!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

tonybrads

Re: Fallout from Tamworth ...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 04:56:42 PM »

got 2 100% agree

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 05:01:47 PM »

superb post

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »

One of the best posts on here for some considerable time
Come on you red and white........

Leighton_Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:42:33 PM »

quality post spot on ;D i would have to agree

lukealty12

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 05:47:59 PM »

well said sg

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 06:42:40 PM »

3.  There's been quite a bit more negativity on here from a few people over the last day or two - and that's ok if that's how you feel - but if you really have the best interests of the club at heart, couldn't you manage to keep it together and bite your tongue until after the Aldershot game? The team and the club need our support (not just on Saturday but in the run-up to it too) more than ever before. Let's not let them down and let's show them we're behind them all the way come what may.

Does people moaning on here really have any tangible negative affect upon the club?

I'm positive all those that have been critical over the last few days will be giving their utmost support on Saturday when it actually matters. Nevertheless they are perfectly allowed to air their views, positive or negative, in the mean time.

Positive thinking is one thing, actively repressing views for little benefit is another.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 06:47:54 PM »

Does people moaning on here really have any tangible negative affect upon the club?

I'm positive all those that have been critical over the last few days will be giving their utmost support on Saturday when it actually matters. Nevertheless they are perfectly allowed to air their views, positive or negative, in the mean time.

Positive thinking is one thing, actively repressing views for little benefit is another.

Exactly. Everyone here was pretty much positive going into the Tamworth game, yet we were beaten.

It's nice to think that positive thinking works, but I doubt very much it does on a messageboard tbh.

I think we're entitled to a moan after Saturday's display and entitled to express our worry/concern about the coming week.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »

I know that this will get me Peaked to death but can I ask for a bit of a reality check here please?

We are in a position which no amount of burying of heads in the sand will alter.

Nobody so far as I can see has posted to say that they want us to go down in fact the majority of posts are the precise opposite.

If any player is upset by some of the 'negativity' posted on here then they really shouldn't be playing at this level and if the Club is 'destabilised' then it doesn't belong at the top of Non-League Football. Despite many of us bleeding red and white stripy blood and seeing the world through lenses of the same design Altrincham is not perfect nor faultless and it is unrealistic to pretend that it is and, although highly laudible as a concept, it would be a grave error to subdue opinion just because it wasn't positive.

People care deeply about Alty, that's why they poke their heads above the parapet to be shot at by posting on here.

If we don't get the end result we want (staying up) then there will need to be changes made and it is a sign of how healthy the club is that this can be discussed on here without dissenting posts being deleted because they don't toe the party line.

The world is a hard place and Football gets more stressful and unpleasant for the general supporter the higher you get purely because there is more to lose.

Let's please continue to discuss these issues  honestly with positive and negative viewpoints being expressed without fear of ridicule or repercussion.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 07:56:52 PM »

I know that this will get me Peaked to death but can I ask for a bit of a reality check here please?

We are in a position which no amount of burying of heads in the sand will alter.

Nobody so far as I can see has posted to say that they want us to go down in fact the majority of posts are the precise opposite.

If any player is upset by some of the 'negativity' posted on here then they really shouldn't be playing at this level and if the Club is 'destabilised' then it doesn't belong at the top of Non-League Football. Despite many of us bleeding red and white stripy blood and seeing the world through lenses of the same design Altrincham is not perfect nor faultless and it is unrealistic to pretend that it is and, although highly laudible as a concept, it would be a grave error to subdue opinion just because it wasn't positive.

People care deeply about Alty, that's why they poke their heads above the parapet to be shot at by posting on here.

If we don't get the end result we want (staying up) then there will need to be changes made and it is a sign of how healthy the club is that this can be discussed on here without dissenting posts being deleted because they don't toe the party line.

The world is a hard place and Football gets more stressful and unpleasant for the general supporter the higher you get purely because there is more to lose.

Let's please continue to discuss these issues  honestly with positive and negative viewpoints being expressed without fear of ridicule or repercussion.

well said ATS

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »

Phil,

An excellent and eloquent post.

Have you ever thought of standing to become a member of the STAR Board?
I'm sure that they would benefit from your experience and shrewd perspective....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 09:03:13 PM »

I described the performance as garbage this week and I stand by it. I'll also post how brilliant we have played when we do that. This is what the forum is for and should always remain as such.

For me, lambasting a sh*t performance - like Tamworth - helps me to let off steam. I think we are probably the most patient fans in the league because we are realistic but we can still have a moan when we are badly let down. If I were a player I would rather get slagged off for a crap peformance on here than have to hear it during a game.

I doubt many players come on here, but as has been said, they should be more than man enough to take it. If it affects a future performance then I am afraid they aren't right for alty. I'm sure none would be affected - it should spur them on to do better - but the players could have it a LOT worse from fans if they were at another club.

We will all channel this frustration into one last burst of incredible support on Saturday I am sure.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team