PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is Kyle Jacobs coming your way?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is Kyle Jacobs coming your way?  (Read 4547 times)

Barry Howard was my Hero

« on: May 28, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »

Kyle Jacobs has declined a substantial offer from us as he wants to test himself at a higher level.

Decent right back although much better going forward than defending.

We are currently having a bit of nightmare with signings, most of our targets opting to go to hobby clubs for more cash. Maybe we need the financial fair play rules bringing into the Skill North ;)

Jenga

Re: Is Kyle Jacobs coming your way?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »

Maybe but we have decent right back already. Right side midfield maybe?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:13:14 PM »

Wasn't overly impressive against us although slightly improved at EP.

If we sign any Stockport players bar Milligan (and even then on past performances to be honest) I'll be slightly disappointed..

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »

A sad sign of the times for us, when we are having to worry about losing players to any non league clubs.

Struggling to compete with north Ferriby, Guiseley, Harrogate FFS, if these clubs put any money into their grounds I could understand, and accept it, however they don't and they get so far up the leagues before the owners get bored or realise they have to spend a couple of million on the ground or reach a level where their 500k a year doesn't guarantee them a top 6 finish.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »

It's been an on going theme for years, going back to the likes of colne dynamos. You'll never change it now. The strict grounding grading rules of the 90s saw many nonleague clubs spend big money on their facilities, Alty,Dover,Stalybridge  to name three off the top of my head. Not longer after they were relaxed and you see grounds like accrington in the football league, Histon given a league grading and Brackley sanctioned acceptable for conference football. I'd argue 6 or 7 of the sides that spent so much improving their grounds to fit in with the 90s grading a have actually never fully recovered. That's the only way you'd change it. Stadium upgrading going in hand with progression up the leagues.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 10:28:36 AM »

Have to say the last two posts sum up the whole bank rolled village team situation perfectly

and it must really get to the likes of the wrexhams mansfields lutons etc when they drop and find themselves blocked from promotion by a crawley or an Accrington or a Fleetwood (although in fairness to Fleetwood I think theirs was a more sustainable growth with ground development as they went)  more than it gets to us!

it is however the situation and it highlights what a great job we have done this season to overcome it and achieve success!

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 11:58:49 AM »

Agree, you did a great job last year.

I heard yesterday that Harrogate are supposedly paying Ryan Kendal a near 10k signing on fee, and close to 1k a week with goal bonuses equating to £500 per goal.

God only knows what they are pat

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »

Should have been, God only knows what they are paying Walshaw, but I think the story about leaving Alty for his family may have just been a cover up.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »

you are possibly right......but we owe James walshaw more than he owes us.....without his goals we wouldn't have made the play offs and be in the conference premier.

If any of us were offered a job which would enable us to spend more time with family and pay a hell of a lot more, regardless of our love for our current company I think most of us would take it...and try and leave on good terms which james did to his credit......he didn't just walk away in a huff leaving bad feelings about the club not rewqarding him enough.

James was here for a year....he clearly enjoyed it and bonded with the fans I don't doubt that but none of us should automatically expect him to have undying loyalty and love for alty which overrides family and more money during a short career. I honestly think he is a genuine guy who would have loved to have stayed and he took the time to thank us on the forum....probably was a bit about money but family also came into it I am sure and was probably the tipping point.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »

Of course it was about money and I would do the same. Gutted but good luck to him. The family bit is in my opinion a smoke screen, but either way as mentioned we owe him more than he owes us.

Noting that James is the first player i can recall recently to actually come on the website to say goodbye, which was tremendous.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 01:57:18 PM »

Some very good posts on this topic.

Brackley is a classic example of pay top dollar for players but sod the state of the ground, basically its a sh*thole.

The premier league /sky TV have made footballers into money grabbers at most levels nowadays.

The excuse that they have a short career span etc is a long worn out excuse. Not one of them is worth 100 plus grand a week. Most of em can't even kick the ball with their weaker foot ffs.

Then Sky, BT, & the Terrestrial channels signup the likes of Merson and Thompson etc who can't string a sentence together and talk  utter bollocks with a massive bias towards there old clubs

Now for the next month we have them swanning around Brazil talking utter sh*t whilst us fee paying mugs pay for them.

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »

Agree, you did a great job last year.

I heard yesterday that Harrogate are supposedly paying Ryan Kendal a near 10k signing on fee, and close to 1k a week with goal bonuses equating to £500 per goal.

God only knows what they are pat
He maybe getting near a grand a week but some of those figures eg 500 quid a goal and 10k signing on seem over the top and on original thread we won't be looking for a right back densmore is quality
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:50:41 PM by Jimmy »

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 06:27:33 PM »

The signing on fee and goals bonus ( it's not per goal it's based on milestones) are said to be correct. Looks like daddy is really backing junior this year.

Is it one last go? Who knows but it ain't paid for by 400 fans per match.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »

Some very good posts on this topic.

Brackley is a classic example of pay top dollar for players but sod the state of the ground, basically its a sh*thole.

The premier league /sky TV have made footballers into money grabbers at most levels nowadays.

The excuse that they have a short career span etc is a long worn out excuse. Not one of them is worth 100 plus grand a week. Most of em can't even kick the ball with their weaker foot ffs.

Then Sky, BT, & the Terrestrial channels signup the likes of Merson and Thompson etc who can't string a sentence together and talk  utter bollocks with a massive bias towards there old clubs

Now for the next month we have them swanning around Brazil talking utter sh*t whilst us fee paying mugs pay for them.

Players were money grabbers long before murdoch came along.  I don't blame them either. I'm not quite sure why footballers get stick for accepting wages that are offered to them.

In any other business if you are offered more money to work for another company then you would consider it. Why is football different?

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 07:46:55 PM »

For me it's the cr@p they come out with, if they just said I'm leaving because I want to earn as much money as I can. I would have more respect for them.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team