Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's the missing piece of the jigsaw??
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's the missing piece of the jigsaw??  (Read 7267 times)

AltyIan

Re: What's the missing piece of the jigsaw??
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »

To be perfectly honest i do not think theres a missing piece in the jigsaw. it is well and truly finished.

We are a part time team and are in the top half of the Blue Square Premier, the fact that we are now expecting more shows how far we've come recently.

I know all fans want to see their teams going forward but it would be incredibly farfetched to see a part time club in the football league, not to mention a risk on our cash strings, we wouldn't be able to sign anyone on  our funds and the level of competition on paper would probably be too high for us without any additions.

I suppose if there were to be one missing piece of the jigsaw it would be a rich backer, who would be wealthy enough to turn us full time.

As it stands i think the jigsaw is pretty much complete for our club and we should just enjoy looking at what we have completed over a very long time

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 11:37:24 PM »

To be perfectly honest i do not think theres a missing piece in the jigsaw. it is well and truly finished.

We are a part time team and are in the top half of the Blue Square Premier, the fact that we are now expecting more shows how far we've come recently.

I know all fans want to see their teams going forward but it would be incredibly farfetched to see a part time club in the football league, not to mention a risk on our cash strings, we wouldn't be able to sign anyone on  our funds and the level of competition on paper would probably be too high for us without any additions.

I suppose if there were to be one missing piece of the jigsaw it would be a rich backer, who would be wealthy enough to turn us full time.

As it stands i think the jigsaw is pretty much complete for our club and we should just enjoy looking at what we have completed over a very long time

Call me old-fashioned, but I would hate that. It's effectively just having a bloke who subsidises your annual losses. Crazy, really dangerous for the long-term stability of the club, just look at Macc and their predicament.

markecky

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 11:58:17 PM »

The last thing we want is a wealthy backer.

We must never ever be at the mercy of one man and his moods/ego.

In 1995, John Maunders decided that he didn't want to own Alty anymore.  He took all the Tottenham money as repayment of the money he had put in (which he was entitled to do) and said if someone does not buy the club I'll shut it.

When people said "you can't shut Altrincham Football Club" he just said "I own it and I can do whatever I like with it"

What we need is 4-5 people to come and help the board out, put modest money in and raise some more and push us on.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 12:17:32 AM »

Agree with whats been said. Today,although a good result,showed our weaknesses,in that we are crying for a creative midfielder (who could had sparked life into the first half), and the natural goalscorer which would had seen us win today.

Although I'm not one to complain with 32 points halfway through the season  :)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 01:10:14 AM »

What we need is 4-5 people to come and help the board out, put modest money in and raise some more and push us on.

I remember Noel White saying words to this effect at a public meeting a few years ago. Essentially, it is in the club's long term interest to build up a strong network of people who are all pulling together in the same direction. I believe the seeds have been sewn but finding the right people and then getting them involved can be tricky.

I think it's fair to say the foundations which have been built so far are very solid though.
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:45 AM »

Its clear from results that we are far better away from home, this I believe is because we set up on the counterattack. At home we lack a little creativity in midfield.  Wonder how we would have done with crowell and johnson. However I think we play our best football without the big tall striker to hoof it up to.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 08:52:05 AM »

It is incredible that we cannot get 4 or 5 genuine local businespeople to whom £25k per year input to Altrincham FC would be nothing who could have a lot of fun seeing the rewards of that relatively small investment....especially when there are meglomaniacs about pouring millions into other clubs that haven't evehn got the initial infastructure to progress..

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 09:30:48 AM »

Or maybe the equivalent of an extra 1000 people on the gate every week. I wonder if 100 "golden" season tickets could be sold for £2490?

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 09:35:21 AM »

Most of what has been said I pretty much agree with. Especially about missing Dale this season, there are no complaints from me as the progress the club has made over the past two years has been excellent. Let us see what January brings!

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 04:21:48 PM »

Chris Hargreaves. Would be hard to get him as he is the captain of Torquay but if we offered him a coach role or something it could tempt him to come. He is 37 years old and would bring in vast expierience. Also he got promoted from the conference with Torquay last season and even scored in the play off final. If we had him on our team he could be a great captain and we could also mould Tom Kearney into a left midfielder with Hargreaves and Lawton in the centre.

markecky

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »

Chris Hargreaves. Would be hard to get him as he is the captain of Torquay but if we offered him a coach role or something it could tempt him to come. He is 37 years old and would bring in vast expierience. Also he got promoted from the conference with Torquay last season and even scored in the play off final. If we had him on our team he could be a great captain and we could also mould Tom Kearney into a left midfielder with Hargreaves and Lawton in the centre.

He might struggle to get here on a Thursday night..

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »

haha ;)

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 08:34:11 PM »

I totally agree, if people claim that they love the club they should help out by raising some money, bit by bit, every little bit of money adds up and could make a huge change for the better

Stockportalty

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 09:27:48 AM »

I totally agre with Ecky, we have seen what people with big money can do to football clubs, how many league and non-league clubs are currently in financial difficulties because they have all their eggs in one rich basket, who then decides to move on, a few interested people putting some money up front would be far better than one putting a lot in, then if oneof them goes it is not total devastation.

jimmyhank

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 10:12:32 PM »

Just look at the stats - we don't concede many but we don't score many, either. Retain the defensive solidity and add an offensive midfielder and a goal scorer.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's the missing piece of the jigsaw??