Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's the missing piece of the jigsaw??
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's the missing piece of the jigsaw??  (Read 7268 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »

We have the best team here we have had in some time, yet I believe we are one player short of really pushing for the playoffs.
Personally I think we need a good midfield playmaker, someone like Tom Kearney but maybe more offensively minded.

What does everyone else think?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What's the missing piece of the jigsaw??
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »

We need an out and out goal scorer,but doesnt everyone

markecky

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »

Beat me to it.

We need Colin Little five years ago.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »

sam sheridan on loan again ?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »

We need Colin Little five years ago.

I think a lot of Chris Senior and he looked by far our most dangerous player today. However, Colin Little circa 2004 would have buried at least two of our missed chances this afternoon.
Come on Alty!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »

Sam is a good player but no goal scorer. We need Denham and Senior to step up and score more goals

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »

Sam is a good player but no goal scorer. We need Denham and Senior to step up and score more goals

more an attacking midfielder , yes agree a goalsscorer too would be ideal

JT

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »

I would love to see how we would have done this season with Dale, because yes although he only scores the odd goal, he does bring so much to the team, and we did miss having a big guy up from throughout october and the start of november, especially seeing as Dale at times can hold the ball up so well.  Shame, but i can't wait to have him back next season.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 08:25:38 PM »

plain and simple really... We need someone up front who will score at least 1 in 3 games

I know there like rocking horse poo but just look at a certain Mr Constable playing at Oxford.

The biggest stumbling block is not that GH couldnt source somebody. Its the fact that someone that good wants big money and full time.

We are not far off being a very good team.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »

From what I saw in the Barrow match on Tuesday, this McAliskey guy looks like a direct replacement for Dale Johnson. Although his 'gangly' and Peter Crouch esq appearance doesn't do him any favours in looking like he's working his butt off when we don't have the ball ?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »

You have to wonder how many Denham would have scored by now if he'd stayed free of injuries. Little has also not had a long run in the side without injury/illness all season.

One thing is for sure - if we want to strengthen the squad in January it's going to take a massive effort from all of us to try and bring funds into the club. Support whatever fundraising activities you can and sell as many Christmas draw tickets as you possibly can. Every penny counts!
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 08:44:32 PM »

We could do with Jon Shaw (who is currently on loan from Rochdale to Gateshead, I believe). He'd love it here with the other ex-Halifax bunch and score a hat full for us!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »

Matty Crowell

fuertes

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 09:16:05 PM »

Matty Crowell

Good shout. That little bit of extra bite and quality in the middle of park would really help. As it turns out, credit must go to Danylyk who although not up to Crowell's standards, is having a really decent season. Crowell's loss hasn't been as disastrous as it might have been thanks to his good form.

Dale is a big loss too. I don't necessarily agree that we need a goalscorer - if we have four forwards who can muster 30-35 goals between them then we'd be doing fine. Unfotunately without Dale our options up front are limited and it looks like Senior might be the only player to make double figures.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 10:35:48 PM »

Matty Crowell

Good shout. That little bit of extra bite and quality in the middle of park would really help. As it turns out, credit must go to Danylyk who although not up to Crowell's standards, is having a really decent season. Crowell's loss hasn't been as disastrous as it might have been thanks to his good form.

Dale is a big loss too. I don't necessarily agree that we need a goalscorer - if we have four forwards who can muster 30-35 goals between them then we'd be doing fine. Unfotunately without Dale our options up front are limited and it looks like Senior might be the only player to make double figures.

We have lost 5 of the 7 games lost this season by just 1 goal..  I believe that a regulary scoring forward is exactly what we need.. If we had, had  that from the start of the season we would probably now be a top 5 team and the confidence would seep through throughout the whole team, but as I said in an earlier post.. At what price do you get someone?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team