PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aerial shots of today's game
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aerial shots of today's game  (Read 7253 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aerial shots of today's game
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »

I try not to fly over peoples heads, this view came from an area with closed offices & never encroached over the stadium or a heavily populated area

When you lose signal, just as they do on all radio-controlled devices, and your device plummets earthwards, try telling the bloke at number 1 Golf Road that he's not in a heavily populated area as he picks the roof slates up in his back garden, whilst you do a runner.

As long as these things are legal they should legalise the use of shotguns in public places.

Because a drone falling out of the sky is exactly the same as firing a shot gun in the street...  ;D ::)
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

eightiesrobin

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 10:23:04 AM »

I try not to fly over peoples heads, this view came from an area with closed offices & never encroached over the stadium or a heavily populated area

When you lose signal, just as they do on all radio-controlled devices, and your device plummets earthwards, try telling the bloke at number 1 Golf Road that he's not in a heavily populated area as he picks the roof slates up in his back garden, whilst you do a runner.

Surely you wouldn't do a runner with your expensive camera lying in his back garden  ;D

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »

As long as these things are legal they should legalise the use of shotguns in public places.

I see a lot of planes having been falling out of the sky recently, we should probably ban them as well.

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 06:53:26 PM »

I see a lot of planes having been falling out of the sky recently, we should probably ban them as well.

and crows.  ban the crow.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 07:25:14 PM »

When signal is lost, The phantom's have a built in Return to home function, provided this was set up at the take off point, which I always do pre flight.

I have tested it in a field, simply turn off the remote & after a minute, the phantom realises it's lost Remote control connection & performs the task of returning to where it took off from.
If it's below 60ft, it will rise up to 60ft & fly back at that height, however, it may crash into something on it's way back, so always try to fly higher as if it is higher than 60ft, it stays at that height
on it's way back. So they certainly won't plummet to the ground if signal is lost, if the battery runs out, it lands itself at a controlled speed where it is, but it's best to make sure you have a timer so you know how long is left & give yourself plenty of time to return & not land on something it shouldn't.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:29:29 PM by rigsby »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 08:32:53 PM »

When signal is lost, The phantom's have a built in Return to home function, provided this was set up at the take off point, which I always do pre flight.

I have tested it in a field, simply turn off the remote & after a minute, the phantom realises it's lost Remote control connection & performs the task of returning to where it took off from.
If it's below 60ft, it will rise up to 60ft & fly back at that height, however, it may crash into something on it's way back, so always try to fly higher as if it is higher than 60ft, it stays at that height
on it's way back. So they certainly won't plummet to the ground if signal is lost, if the battery runs out, it lands itself at a controlled speed where it is, but it's best to make sure you have a timer so you know how long is left & give yourself plenty of time to return & not land on something it shouldn't.
sounds unsinkable to me just like the titanic ..... ;)
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aerial shots of today's game