PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC Wednesday and Congratulations for last Sunday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CSC Wednesday and Congratulations for last Sunday  (Read 7270 times)

flaggerstu2

« on: November 06, 2012, 06:57:00 AM »

Although the Senior Cup isnt fashionable any more it would be good if all true alty fans turned up tomorrow to show their appreciation for the teams efforts on Sunday. Unfortunately couldnt make it on sunday due family commitments but will be there.Just like to say a belated well done to the lads for Sunday and although there is still a lot to be done in the replay it was for me like the old days listening. Thanks. 

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: CSC Wednesday and Congratulations for last Sunday
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »

I may get shot down for saying this but I can't help but think that a £10 admission charge simply renders tomorrow's Cheshire Senior Cup tie as being overpriced.

I don't know if the Cheshire FA plays a role in determining admission prices for these fixtures or whether the two participating clubs have to agree on a figure but all the above demonstrates to me is just how much a stranger to reality this competition has become.

Incidentally, is there a minimum admission charge imposed for the CSC by the Cheshire FA?

Plus there are several Alty fans who have incurred plenty of expenses of late, what with travelling to the likes of Boston and Burton, and who now face yet more expenditure on the horizon in the guise of far more pressing fixtures versus Worcester City in the FA Trophy and Burton Albion in the FA Cup Replay at Moss Lane.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:12:04 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »

It would be better if the CSC was abandoned altogether in my opinion. It's a poorly supported, largely irrelevant competition which is well past its sell by date and probably costs the participants more than they ever make back in gate/prize money. I know the final provides a good opportunity for a day out, but I don't really think it would be any great loss if it were to be scrapped.

I know not everyone agrees with my view on this subject and that's fair enough, but I just think it's a joke of a competition.
Come on Alty!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:19:54 PM »

How can you say that with Ashley Mowers very likely to be making his debut ?

Worth every penny I'd say  ;)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »

How can you say that with Ashley Mowers very likely to be making his debut ?

Worth every penny I'd say  ;)

:D
Come on Alty!

roytonmike

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 02:51:38 PM »

I may get shot down for saying this but I can't help but think that a £10 admission charge simply renders tomorrow's Cheshire Senior Cup tie as being overpriced.
I don't know if the Cheshire FA plays a role in determining admission prices for these fixtures or whether the two participating clubs have to agree on a figure but all the above demonstrates to me is just how much a stranger to reality this competition has become.
Incidentally, is there a minimum admission charge imposed for the CSC by the Cheshire FA?
Plus there are several Alty fans who have incurred plenty of expenses of late, what with travelling to the likes of Boston and Burton, and who now face yet more expenditure on the horizon in the guise of far more pressing fixtures versus Worcester City in the FA Trophy and Burton Albion in the FA Cup Replay at Moss Lane.
As one who won't be there tomorrow night for the reasons you itemise, Cult, may I try to clear up the Cheshire FA regulations re admission prices? The only stipulation the current regulations make is a minimum charge of '£5.00 or the amount charged for first team games of the home club', which I take to mean that £5 is acceptable to the Cheshire FA. My own thought is that we should have charged no more for the CSC than we did for pre-season friendlies, and/or perhaps checked with Congleton as to what they charge for league games and borne that in mind.
I certainly won't be shooting you down - it's a competition we're obliged to enter, of course, but we should keep admission charges for such games to the bare minimum and accept that income won't cover costs in this instance.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:04:00 PM by roytonmike »

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »

Most of you on here know my views on this tinpot competition......BUT.....

The club needs revenue right now, and I still have a 100% attendance record, so l'll be there. And if I can stuff one of my principles, so can a few more of you.

Just heard an almighty crash.....it may be that the shock of my decision has overwhelmed Boss Hogg  ;D

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

As one who won't be there tomorrow night for the reasons you itemise, Cult, may I try to clear up the Cheshire FA regulations (as they were last season at least) re admission prices? The only stipulation last year's regulations made was a minimum charge of £5. I haven't yet accessed this year's version but doubt it'll be much different. My own thought is that we should have charged no more for the CSC than we did for pre-season friendlies, and/or perhaps checked with Congleton as to what they charge for league games and borne that in mind.
I certainly won't be shooting you down - it's a competition we're obliged to enter, of course, but we should keep admission charges for such games to the bare minimum and accept that income won't cover costs in this instance.
[/b]

I know it's an argument that is used a lot on this forum when prices are mentioned however in this case I think it stands. If we halved the price to last years minimum, would we get double the crowd through the gates? My feelings are that we wouldn't. This is what the board will have taken into account (and I think congleton have to agree to a much lower gate price ad it affects their share of the takings) when setting the price as it is. Also, the amount we make on gate receipts is split three ways meaning an even more reduced amount that we take ourselves. Its all well and good saying that maybe we should accept a loss on a game like this, however the difference in loss when has to be made up somewhere and pricing it at £10 instead of £5 means we don't have to find that money from somewhere else. Ie, the playing budget.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 03:21:43 PM »

May I just add that I don't believe for an instant that halving the admission price would suddenly prompt a mass stampede of extra attendees.

All I'm really saying is that the 'attraction' on offer is overpriced at £10.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »

May I just add that I don't believe for an instant that halving the admission price would suddenly prompt a mass stampede of extra attendees.

Cant believe anyone would pass up the chance to see 90 minutes from our valuable squad players who havent had many opportunities yet to shine. I forecast a hat trick for Ryan Brooke  :D ;) ;D

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 03:35:11 PM »

Mitchley and Brooke badly need game time. As such, at least this fixture serves some sort of purpose.

It should still be preseason though.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »

The reason people don't attend CSC games is not primarily the price, it's because it's a tired, irrelevant competition that most people are not interested in unless we reach the final.
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »

Mitchley and Brooke badly need game time. As such, at least this fixture serves some sort of purpose.

It should still be preseason though.

At least it's particularly opportune on this occasion, in that it accounts for Danny Hall's one match suspension!

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »

I didn't mean to insinuate as such, but if I did then I apologise. I was just trying to reason why the price may be set at the level it is. :)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »

I didn't mean to insinuate as such, but if I did then I apologise. I was just trying to reason why the price may be set at the level it is. :)

No apology necessary.

And your assessment of the situation was perfectly reasonable.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team