PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 According to the Halifax Forum...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: According to the Halifax Forum...  (Read 7257 times)

Jezza

Re: According to the Halifax Forum...
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »

I could write an essay on this subject....but until the FA,uefa and fifa come up with a sensible solution to the problem of egomaniac sugar daddies making the game uncompetitive we are stuck with struggling to compete.

The 2 solutions IMO are to find sustainable investment as suggested where the load is spread over several directors and/or to grow as a community club developing youngsters and finding a way to attract and develope the fallen youngsters from our local league side's reserve and youth systems....I think the club is making strides on the community aspect.

Personally I think the FA should have all players on central contracts which are then bought/leased by clubs.

Also there are several names in that list of recent wembley tourists who would kill to be in our position right now.....

There are clubs who you don't mind getting their moment of glory....for example I was really annoyed when chelsea got their money man but delighted for city....personally I like gainsboro, the pies are good, their ground has a feeling of football league history about it and they've done nothing for years but always stayed at around the old NPL level.......clubs like alfreton on the other hand......well you just want them to sink like a stone and flick the V sign at them as they sink past us.....

it's annoying when they get players we'd like but we know the score and we've just got to live with it I'm afraid.....it will make it all the sweeter when we actually get promotion and they don't :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 According to the Halifax Forum...