PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Refurbishing the Noel White Suite - Your opinions and views please
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Refurbishing the Noel White Suite - Your opinions and views please  (Read 7280 times)

Altyroo

Re: Refurbishing the Noel White Suite - Your opinions and views please
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 05:02:14 PM »

If people hire a function room at a football ground surely they should expect football related memorobilia on the walls.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 05:33:19 PM »

If people hire a function room at a football ground surely they should expect football related memorobilia on the walls.

Actually on this point I spoke to Jenny before putting this post on here as a matter of courtesy. Jenny replied that it's our bar and should be exactly as we want it and that people who book functions here tend to just cover everything up with balloons, happy birthday banners etc anyway.

But I agree, if we've got huge 6ft x 4ft prints of John King, Jeff Johnson (in the bath!), Gerry Casey everywhere or 6ft x 6 ft if we have one of Stu Coburn and need to fit his ears in then yes it might be a problem and as Ecky says needs to be done tastefully.

The sponsors lounge is quite good.

Putting pictures of this years squad on the walls might be the only way of getting some of them to ever enter this side of the bar as well so that'd be good!

Butty

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »

I know the one problem I have when I come in at half time/full time is that I can't always see the TV screens- maybe a small one above the entrance would be alright- it all depends on how much money is available.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »

here is another minor suggestion -

how about having Dunham Massey beer on sale in the bar? It is a local brewery and, to be fair, tastes damn fine (anyone who has been in Costellos in Goose Green knows how good it is). They might also be up for a few advertising  hoardings round the pitch as they seem to be a local company that is doing well (and good on 'em, says I).

I don't know if the bar is 'tied' to Hydes -it would be a shame if it is. Hydes has been a  lot better than last years offer, but a Dunham beer option at the bar might be worth considering.

seasonticket

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »

For anyone interested in getting hold of Dunham Massey beer, they have a shop at the brewery. It is near the big tree at Dunham just off the lane that leads back to Oldfield Brow. Well worth a visit.
No I am not connected in any way to the brewery apart from liking their beer.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:10:39 AM by seasonticket »

RocketDan

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 09:29:28 AM »

For anyone interested in getting hold of Dunham Massey beer, they have a shop at the brewery. It is near the big tree at Dunham just off the lane that leads back to Oldfield Brow. Well worth a visit.
No I am not connected in any way to the brewery apart from liking their beer.

Taking it one step further, Maybe someone could get in contact to see if they fancy producing a special "Robins Beer" for the club. Much in the same way Woking have their own beer - Cardinal Gold IIRC. A good thing about that is it could be sold in other pubs in town giving us a bit of a presence in the free houses of Altrincham and also be sold in crates for people to take home.

I guess it depends on how long our contract with Hydes runs for.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:33:07 AM by RocketDan »

Steve-o

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »

They run costellos bar in goose green

Dougals Dad

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 12:59:32 PM »

here is another minor suggestion -

how about having Dunham Massey beer on sale in the bar? It is a local brewery and, to be fair, tastes damn fine (anyone who has been in Costellos in Goose Green knows how good it is). They might also be up for a few advertising  hoardings round the pitch as they seem to be a local company that is doing well (and good on 'em, says I).

I don't know if the bar is 'tied' to Hydes -it would be a shame if it is. Hydes has been a  lot better than last years offer, but a Dunham beer option at the bar might be worth considering.

I got a few bottles when I was in the area last year - I will be doing the same this year. Its quality stuff!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »

Taking it one step further, Maybe someone could get in contact to see if they fancy producing a special "Robins Beer" for the club. Much in the same way Woking have their own beer - Cardinal Gold IIRC. A good thing about that is it could be sold in other pubs in town giving us a bit of a presence in the free houses of Altrincham and also be sold in crates for people to take home.

I guess it depends on how long our contract with Hydes runs for.
[/quote]

I actually think that is a blinding idea and worth raising with the club to see if our marketing guy can get a deal done. It would be great for the club if a run of something with our name/colours on could be done and distributed around the local area as well as in the club bar. obviously the likely take up rate would need to be assessed and an appropriately popular beer style chosen.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bumble

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »

i think photos like these should be looked atto be framed

Lewes away

Nortwhich away

along with the one from yesterday, and the coburn picture on the other thread

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 12:40:47 PM »

Lewes away

I really don't think that we want anything on display that reminds us of that dismal afternoon in Lewes....!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bumble

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »

Lewes away

I really don't think that we want anything on display that reminds us of that dismal afternoon in Lewes....!

fair kop, i think it just shows how our fans just get behind the team, whereever the team goes

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »

The Northwich one looks a bit Millwally
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »

the lewes one would be better in the players dressing room in my opinion.  Show them what this club means to the fans, and the sort of support they will get at Moss Lane.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »

Lewes away

fair kop, i think it just shows how our fans just get behind the team, whereever the team goes

There's only about 30 people there!

It's a decent effort for the distance but it's hardly worth making a song and dance about.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Refurbishing the Noel White Suite - Your opinions and views please