PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frank sidebottom end
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Frank sidebottom end  (Read 7267 times)

robins1978

Re: Frank sidebottom end
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:42 AM »

Carol Nash a good shout .....but main stand and family stand already take her name.
Chequers end (now flats - Hi Mike) will always be Chequers end. (think its had others since??)  Cant really call it flat end now can we.
Golf Road end as rightly already stated used to change with whoever won xmas raffle - but that now not the case - other prizes given.
If any change has to be the Jackie Swindles end for me. Only heard about his games with Alty from the gent who introduced me to ML all those years ago (nothing to do with George Harrison) Roy Champ but he spoke very highly of him and his record speaks for itself.
Of course the first Alty Fan - Lottery Millionaire may be a possiblity.
Joking aside again there's loads of people that are involved with Alty that would deserve such an acclaim, but then again those people would probably be happy sticking with what everybody likes to refer to the parts of the ground anyway. If your choice be Chequers, 20/20, Golf Road, or whatever you grew up with people will always call them what they want regardless of any 'official' name anyway.
 :)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 07:01:47 AM »

Carol Nash a good shout .....but main stand and family stand already take her name.
Chequers end (now flats - Hi Mike) will always be Chequers end. (think its had others since??) 

The Chequers End is now the "Carole Nash and Family Terrace"
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 07:31:33 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised if his family want to do something with the club in future, such as a match/matchball sponsorship or similar in Frank/Chris's name.

Presumably it would be a big cup game rather than a run of the mill league game then.

robins1978

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »

Chequers end (now flats - Hi Mike) will always be Chequers end. (think its had others since??) 

So the Main Stand, Family Stand and chequers ebd are Carole Nash stands - Yes?
Chequers end does not get mentioned on loud speaker at games but family and main stands do to remind ppl of non smoking rules. Must have been away on the day away end was renamed!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 12:33:40 PM »

Chequers end does not get mentioned on loud speaker at games but family and main stands do to remind ppl of non smoking rules. Must have been away on the day away end was renamed!

The Family Stand isn't sponsored by Carole Nash, I think it's sponsored by Go Goodwins.
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »

You must have been away since the Carole Nash sign went up at the away end some time ago too then  ;)

robins1978

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »

You must have been away since the Carole Nash sign went up at the away end some time ago too then  ;)
a sign being up does not mean thats what that end is called. i would have seen it and thought it was just advertising

robins1978

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 01:01:14 PM »

The Family Stand isn't sponsored by Carole Nash, I think it's sponsored by Go Goodwins.
announcer always refers to them as carole nash main stand and family stand when reminding ppl of where they can smoke. I always hear this as im right underneath main stand before kick off. Unless he just means family stand is CN sponsored - never mentions GGWINS ??

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 01:13:38 PM »

The family stand is sponsored by Dunn & Grey and the sponsors lounge is sponsored by Manchester glass
@AltyDaz

joe

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »

a sign being up does not mean thats what that end is called. i would have seen it and thought it was just advertising

Ooooooooooohhhhhh!!!

robins1978

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »

Ooooooooooohhhhhh!!!
?

robins1978

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 02:31:01 PM »

The family stand is sponsored by Dunn & Grey and the sponsors lounge is sponsored by Manchester glass
Thats it mate Dunn & Grey - well done darren....and the main stand is the CN stand then?

robins1978

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 02:34:06 PM »

announcer always refers to them as carole nash main stand and family stand when reminding ppl of where they can smoke. I always hear this as im right underneath main stand before kick off. Unless he just means family stand is CN sponsored - never mentions GGWINS ??
Of course I am getting the supporters in on the turnstile when i hear it. My memory is also crap these days too u know LOL

markecky

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 10:50:46 PM »

Thats it mate Dunn & Grey - well done darren....and the main stand is the CN stand then?

The main stand in the Carole Nash main stand, sponsored through the company.

The "chequers end" is the "Carole Nash and Family End" sponsored by Carole and her family personally.

I found the 40ft sign at the back of the chequers end to be a massive help whilst researching this  ;D

robins1978

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »

The main stand in the Carole Nash main stand, sponsored through the company.

The "chequers end" is the "Carole Nash and Family End" sponsored by Carole and her family personally.

I found the 40ft sign at the back of the chequers end to be a massive help whilst researching this  ;D
HAd this confirmed last night  thanks Ecky. Suprisingly enough though it never registsered with me till now that was the case with the Chequers end. Suppose you sometimes look at things but it doesnt register until the next time you look at it. And I dont see it that much from my brick house under the main stand - LOL - Cheers Anyway Ecks !!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frank sidebottom end