PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?  (Read 8453 times)

markecky

« on: May 07, 2008, 11:16:51 AM »

Say someone did it, say someone spoke to the STAR board and then agreed to mothball it..say someone  started a pure and simple  supporters association.

One aim..to raise money for your club.  No politics..no shares....just fundraising.

It would go two ways.....

If it fell on the same five people to do everything it would fail

If twenty people did a little bit who knows....

We'd need new people, old faces..everyone.  Could it work?

Alty365

Re: Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:21:18 AM »

I believe, especially in the current climate, that this is the ideal way for us as fans to channel our energy and enthusiasm. I would help in whatever way I could given that I live so far away.

I would be 100% behind such a plan.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 11:28:09 AM »

Hear Hear...

Its got to be worth trying..

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »

I'm not sure what I would be able to do from Ormskirk, but I too would support such a plan. I could certainly do any printing/copying given my teaching background. Great idea Ecky.

samba

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 11:31:30 AM »

I think it's a fantastic idea.  There's a hardcore on this board that could easily take the responsibility and do amazing things with it.

If I can do anything as an exile (move to London in July) then count me in.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 11:33:47 AM »

Can I say this is very encouraging already ...

I am 100miles away but would do 'what I can' ..

I know there are people who are scared of not being able to do as much as they may think is expected but lets be honest NOTHING is expected so anything is a total bonus.

If £2,000 or £20,000+ was raised its still money the club wouldn't have had before so got to be a good idea ?.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 11:36:23 AM by gazwarrington »

markecky

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 12:23:18 PM »

Its about people not having to give their lives, sacrifice their families, and eventually say enough is enough and leave.  Thats what we would have to work towards.

When there is a few of you its so much easier.

I remember from the old days people who didn't think they could help often could, as someone above  put, they could design posters etc

They may know someone who can get some leaflets printed, someone who would look after the accounts (simple stuff, again its not as scary as you may think).

Or they may be successful businessman or woman with no time but who would pay £50 to get a load of flyers done to help.

There are so many new faces at Alty these days...

samba

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »

Balls to it, might as well grab the bull by the horns.

I've set up an email to co-ordinate things from: altysupporters@gmail.com.  If there's one thing I'm any good at it's the internet/computer side.

If you feel you could help/contribute to the Alty Supporters Association (yes, the name can and probably should be changed, but ASA will do for now), send an email with your name, location, and any particular thing you can help out with (like mentioned, poster designs etc.).

Also, any ideas you have, send them this way too (although I don't want to conflict with ideas4alty..?)

Ecky and Gaz, PM/mail me if you want the log-in.

Let's put all this fustration behind us and get behind the club.  This is our way of giving to the club; any ideas, big, small, or stupid welcome.

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 02:01:28 PM »

This is what is needed more than anything.

When there was SAFE, there was a clear direction on what the money was for, saving the club. Now i think that has gone a bit and its time for something new.

I'd suggest that this is done with a few basic principles:

1. We give the money to the club and let them decide how it is spent, in Goodwin we trust. There is no emphasis on a shareholding of the club or a say in boardroom matters.

2. Our only return from the club is a monthly or bi-monthly (or similar) fans forum where our ideas/concerns/opinions can be expressed to the board and they have the opportunity to answer back and tell us of progression from previous forums.

3. The board have no obligation to carry out our proposals.

4. We never discuss what money raised should be spent on, but only discuss the general direction the club should take, in order to express our opinions to the board. If the board disagree, see point 3.

5. Finally we set up a members only forum admin'd by ecky or GW or hughesy or whoever so that members have a place to discuss things to raise in forums with the club. Members only in order to stop trolls and because it only relates to alty fans.

With simple principles like this it becomes easy to say 'We will raise money for the club' knowing that is exactly what it is for and no other concerns or agendas can get in the way.

im up for it. i'll donate 20 euro's a month through paypal or whatever until my dying day, and do all I can from here.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »

I co-ordinated the team picture / advertising poster last season - funded by local businesses -  as i work in marketing, and have printing contacts / mac designers within easy reach.

With the best will in the world, the club simply lack a cohesive approach to marketing the club effectively - as some have noted with PR! - which can simply be a "time and common sense" approach, rather than "throwing money at it".

The volunteers at the club are immense, and should be commended, but the more ideas thrown into the mix...then who knows?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »

Maybe it could be combined with Ideas4Alty rather than having 2 separate strands?

markecky

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 02:11:47 PM »

I co-ordinated the team picture / advertising poster last season - funded by local businesses -  as i work in marketing, and have printing contacts / mac designers within easy reach.

With the best will in the world, the club simply lack a cohesive approach to marketing the club effectively - as some have noted with PR! - which can simply be a "time and common sense" approach, rather than "throwing money at it".

The volunteers at the club are immense, and should be commended, but the more ideas thrown into the mix...then who knows?

Those posters were superb and thats is exactly the kind of post we need.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 02:18:49 PM »

Maybe it could be combined with Ideas4Alty rather than having 2 separate strands?

This possibility is being looked at and with one hugely successful existing fundraising scheme continuing again next season it seems ideal to carry it forward as part of a new and revitalised supporters association.

Watch this space....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:27:44 PM by Ideas 4 Alty »

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 02:30:09 PM »

In addition to emailing the above address, could anybody interested in helping with the proposed supporters association please pm me with your full name, email address and (if possible) a contact telephone number. I am currently compiling a list of interested parties in order to gauge the initial core of people who want to move this idea forward.

Thanks in advance.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »

Ecky, DAB and Ideas4alty I agree with you wholeheartedly. Ive spent all week wishing that something could be done to lift the club. Never have I felt so demoralised since supporting Alty than on the return coach from Weymouth. I would support a new supporters association and admit I never joined STAR partly because I feel a supporters association should have a voice and where the supporters disagree with the club on a matter it should state this publicly, just as when the organisation supports the club then it does so without question. I would feel uneasy sitting on a committee though that works hard to raise money and then hands it over no questions asked.   
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team