PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?  (Read 8449 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 04:52:42 PM »

I think we should always aim to use money effectivly and have something to show for it if possible... Whether thats a players wage , extending club house, general smartening up of the place, anything ...

people always give more if they can see what the money has gone towards.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »

Would it be an idea with things up in the air at the moment to have a provisional meeting before the club's forum eithera previous day/night or even an hour before so that we can inform the board of our intentions and make the forum into a positive meeting. There will be many issues to discuss but at the end of the day whatever concerns are raised the board have made their decisions. So lets be proactive.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 04:59:41 PM by im not really here »

samba

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »

Jesus, I contribute about helping the club and get peaked twice! How bizarre
I think we should always aim to use money effectivly and have something to show for it if possible... Whether thats a players wage , extending club house, general smartening up of the place, anything ...

people always give more if they can see what the money has gone towards.

Good thinking.  It'd be great if we could say "yes, we've payed to fix the ground up" or "yes, we've paid for that players wages".  On the flipside, the idea of us not getting involved in the politics and just raising cash for the club, for them to do with as they wish, is also a good plan.

Think we're going to need to have a proper discussion about how this is run, to keep as many people happy as we can, but more importantly to benefit the club as much as possible.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 05:47:18 PM »

I think the big difference is that we should 'try' and get something for the money BUT if the club was desperate for money then we should give it if we have it. We know this board would only ask if desperate and would not take us for granted.

I think we can have a good relationship with the board and they would respect that its not a bottomless pit and that the first priority is to improve the ground or have something to show for if... If the club need the money then I suppose what we have to show for it IS A CLUB !

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »

I think you're right that we need something to aim at for fundraising.

I'd help, as I said to Ecky, I'm v busy right at the moment as I'm sure other people are but it doesn't have to be all consuming. If 100 people will give up 10 minutes of their time, that's a lot of man hours. I could easily, er sell raffle tickets in Alty one day just for a start.

Bath Alty

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 07:03:26 PM »

Tricky to help out with young family and livin gin Bath but this looks like a really good idea.  How about asking the board what they would like us to raise money for - they stay in control of things and what ever we do would fit in their plans but we have a specific target to aim for.  Once we've achieved a particular challenge we go back to the board and ask for the next one.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 07:29:54 PM »

Tricky to help out with young family and livin gin Bath but this looks like a really good idea.  How about asking the board what they would like us to raise money for - they stay in control of things and what ever we do would fit in their plans but we have a specific target to aim for.  Once we've achieved a particular challenge we go back to the board and ask for the next one.
A gin bath is a good idea!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 08:19:37 PM »

Is there anyone from STAR that has an opinion on this proposal?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 08:27:10 PM »

I would certainly join a new set up. SAFE and STAR were a little before my time

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 08:35:41 PM »

I spoke to someone from the STAR board before it was really made public on here and the reaction was VERY positive.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 08:49:50 PM »

You might think I'm barking mad here, (I've had the Peakeing from hell over the FCUM debate) but if a collective fund raising organisation is to be, then how about aiming for something really big  that members could look back on and say, " I was a part of that"?

A roof over Chequers,( Yeovil fans did it?), another cantilever section to the popular side, or perhaps an extension of the bar into the open side area so it could take another 50 or so and maybe a pool table or darts area, giving the place potential for use of an evening?

Big stuff and not overnight but a real statement of intent and progression for the club, possibility of 50% trust grants too.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

samba

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 09:34:03 PM »

You might think I'm barking mad here, (I've had the Peakeing from hell over the FCUM debate) but if a collective fund raising organisation is to be, then how about aiming for something really big  that members could look back on and say, " I was a part of that"?

A roof over Chequers,( Yeovil fans did it?), another cantilever section to the popular side, or perhaps an extension of the bar into the open side area so it could take another 50 or so and maybe a pool table or darts area, giving the place potential for use of an evening?

Big stuff and not overnight but a real statement of intent and progression for the club, possibility of 50% trust grants too.

Absolutely brilliant idea. I think bringing in the ASA with a major fundraising challenge is brilliant, something to really aim for.

Perhaps something that should be brought up at the fans forum, as to what the club would like us most to aim for, and a total?

markecky

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »

Big stuff Sand not overnight but a real statement of intent and progression for the club, possibility of 50% trust grants too.

I think you are a little mad to suggest we roof the away end just to stop 10 Solihull fans getting wet.

The bar idea is a brilliant one though.  That would be an investment that would make more money for the club.

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 10:30:34 PM »

We've heard a lot about new toilets/floodlights etc. This supporters trust could be used to pay for things in the ground like this, an extended bar etc, therefore leaving the board to concentrate constant income from gates etc to use on the playing squad. Therefore killing 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

thegazelle

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 01:48:26 AM »

i think the setting up of an internet fund raising group is a good move and totally agree that we should get the board to give us one project to aim for

For possibly the first time in my life i agree 100% with SW (joke steve) i think the bar extension and refurb is a winner.

i will chip in as much as i can with weekend vouchers and small donations etc but think we need to get something bizarre and differnet going.

may be a drunken internet team gathering in the NWS during the summer with access for those who cant make it

(i believe its called wireless )lets try and do something different that gets us noticed and the 30,000 people who live in alty that dont know we exist behind us ina tits out wi type way

ps i'll go topless
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:50:54 AM by thegazelle »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maybe....maybe...just maybe..would you?