News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote hungry for success

Author Topic: Heathcote hungry for success  (Read 1191 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:49:07 PM »

By Connor Murphy
Comment
GRAHAM Heathcote is hungry to bring success to Moss Lane after suffering the disappointment of relegation from the Blue Square Premier.

After meeting with the board on Monday, the Robins boss confirmed he would be staying on at the club, along with assistant Graham Barrow, and is already planning for next season.

Alty still do not know what division they will be playing in next season, as Halifax Town's future remains in the balance and a third successive relegation reprieve is a strong possibility.

But Heatchote has started making calls to his current squad, as well as keeping an eye on available talent, in order to build the nucleus of a squad that can improve on this season's showing.

"It's important that we discuss the way forward for the club because until we come up with some answers on how to push it forward financially, the struggles will remain the same."
Graham Heathcote

"I'm still focussed on the job," said Heathcote. "I want us to play at the highest level possible.

"But it's important that we all discuss the way forward for the club because we're disappointed to be in the bottom four again.

"Graham Barrow will be staying on as well, although we've always worked on the understanding that if he is offered a job managing in the Football League, we won't stand in his way.

"We are looking at the progression of this football club in all areas and how we can take things forward.

"Although we are in limbo at the moment, I'm trying to put together a nucleus of players for next season.

"The first calls I have been making have been to the current squad but not a lot can be finalised because we have to wait to see the outcome of situations."

Heathcote was clear, however, on what the club need if they are to become a regular Blue Square Premier competitor - money.

He added: "It's important that we discuss the way forward for the club because until we come up with some answers on how to push it forward financially, the struggles will remain the same.

"We've got to a certain level financially but we have to push on from there.

"But if you look beyond first team results, the club has become very solid and we're building a number of areas.

"If you look at what's happening in football right now, that's a massive plus."

3:13pm today

@AltyDaz
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team