Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My way of Protesting at the way the Club is being run.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My way of Protesting at the way the Club is being run.  (Read 7978 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: My way of Protesting at the way the Club is being run.
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 11:00:39 PM »

Thanks Wayno....makes sense.

I must admit to be being surprised they got rid of Harvey so quickly, as he had inherited a team who were not successful, so hardly surprising he was not a quick success himself. I assumed there were issues also behind the scenes.

All a catalogue of errors.
I personally would have stuck with him longer but he wasn't interviewing well and was coming across as defeated and lacking ideas

It's a really sad situation
ParkINson's red and white army

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2017, 11:22:04 PM »

I feel a bit sorry for Jim Harvey, unlike every other manager since Lee Sinnott.

We often mention due diligence before appointing a manager, considering, for example, Neil Young's record at Stockport, but I feel Harvey didn't perform his own due diligence before taking the job, thinking that Altrincham are obviously too big a club to be bottom of the National League North and this would be a straightforward job,. When it transpired the club's malaise was so much deeper, then,, as Wayno said, he just seemed devoid of ideas and hope.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 11:26:43 PM »

I think Jim Harvey was treated very badly our Chairman, he arrived and inherited a complete shambles, got rid of players that weren't good enough and tried to get his own players in. He was then sacked in a swift movement with Rowley claiming that performances weren't good enough for Alty Fc and that we would fight to keep our place in the league. He then said we would search to find the best person to be our manager, only to give it to Matt Doughty, a man that had a hand in Tolson's disastrous reign and also worked with Harvey. Doughty's first interview was to slag off Harvey and distance himself from any wrongdoings and his record has been similarly poor. Doughty isn't fit to lace Jim Harvey's boots. The sooner Rowley and Doughty are both replaced in the respective positions the better.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 11:30:45 PM »

I was also surprised at the time at the lack of "protection" it was apparent we were in the mire he should have been given breathing space in interviews etc

He was definitely exposed in that respect
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty is back

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »

It makes no bloody difference now but Jim Harvey was the right appointment, at the wrong time. Had he got the job instead of the shambolic Young in the summer we'd be nowhere near the mess we are in now. The Tolson appointment was the easy call for the board. It is the ruinous decision to appoint Young that put us into a steep downward spiral, one that we are singularly ill-equipped to get out of any time soon. It is for that reason that Chairman Rowley must go. Responsibility sometimes means having the balls to admit 'I screwed up'.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My way of Protesting at the way the Club is being run.