Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My way of Protesting at the way the Club is being run.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: My way of Protesting at the way the Club is being run.  (Read 7971 times)

Spring

Re: My way of Protesting at the way the Club is being run.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 12:16:39 PM »

Ballers

You may well be right but this meeting would have to be quite different than an open meeting or by the sound of it, other meetings that have happened before. There would have to be a level of mutual maturity and trust and an appreciation that there was common ground......the wish to improve the lot of the football club.

I also start from the position that the Chairman must realise he has made mistakes .......like us all.......and that he realises that the cadre of passionate supporters that give their views on this site, are actually an important element of the football club. If that is not the case and he genuinely wants to rule over a passionless group of supporters, who never have a counter view to his own, then yes he is a naïve fool and we are doomed to his dictatorship, for as long as he wishes to continue in power or the board continues to support him. No intelligent person would surely take this stance and I am thus hopeful, that his motives for the meeting are genuine and that he would listen and respond to concerns.

I also start from the position that the supporters must realise that they are not running the club, and have to respect the fact that whilst mistakes have been made, they have not been made purposefully........ how many of us thought the managers that were appointed would be total disasters? do we know why they were not able to succeed, when they had previously? Were the communications fiascos made out of frustration and have lessons been learnt?

I just believe all parties in the discussion would have things to learn and things to contribute and that there should be no fixed stances or needs to win arguments but that out of the chat there could possibly be a mutual way forward for the betterment of the club.

Equally if supporters do not engage with the people running the club what is left for them? ......being disgruntled supporters, walking away from the club they support or just hoping that either the Chairman resigns or starts to improve our fortunes. It should also be noted that none of us really understands what would happen to the club if the Chairman resigned......would the sponsors follow suit? ........what would the financial implications be?

Surely it is better to have the good grace to recognise that he has at least suggested a meeting, than to just flounce away. After saying this I accept I do not have the insight that some of you that have experienced the past at first hand, so yep I might be smoking pot and if so apologies.    

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »

Indeed Spring
Full time and proud of it

GB Alty

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 09:05:57 PM »

Rowleys reaction to last Saturdays protest has been to try to marginalise it, where would we be now if 200 had walked out? Food for thought

As for the rest of the board 100% backing him then to a man they are more of the problem than the solution
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:13:26 PM by Llanfairfechan »

Man of Moss

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 09:11:28 PM »

Spring, do you work at the club, are you an official?

arnald

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »

The club is a f**kin bunch of sh*t players sh*t managers and chairman  ,

Build a f**kin bonfire

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »

Build a f**kin bonfire
What about the volunteer`s and fans?
Full time and proud of it

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 09:44:15 PM »

The board in reality is made of 2 people Grahame Rowley and Bill Waterson. Bill has only been a member for a month and no blame can be placed at his door which leaves only Rowley. With due respect to messers Faulkner and Wilshaw, I couldn't seem them disagreeing with the Chairman on anything. I assume thats why Shaw and Daine got frustrated and stood down.

York Alty is back

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 09:53:28 PM »

Build a f**kin bonfire
What about the volunteer`s and fans?

Probably lighting the fire..

Spring

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »

Hi Man of Moss

I assume your question is one of sarcasm but for the record I have never met any of the people involved with AFC.

The 'crime' I am clearly committing in your eyes is to try and suggest a constructive way forward, as an alternative to saying everything is terrible which perhaps gets an easy acclaim amongst others with the same approach.

What suggestions do you have to make? It would be good to hear them or do you prefer not to comment further.

Best regards

Man of Moss

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 10:18:21 PM »

Hello Spring, I have been a club official recently, unlike you (it appears) I am not happy and will take my time to reflect before I respond, many thanks

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 10:32:09 PM »

I, and virtually all the supporters I know, knew Neil Tolson would be an absolute disaster.

For the record like.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 10:42:38 PM »

I, and virtually all the supporters I know, knew Neil Tolson would be an absolute disaster.

For the record like.
And neil young quit football 6 months earlier and vowed never to return after nearly destroying Stockport

He did a much better job of that here

Then quit again
ParkINson's red and white army

Spring

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »

Hi Ballers

Yes the Tolson appointment was made with eyes open, as he was already a known entity at the club, so clearly an obvious case of bad judgement.

I have to admit the next two appointments seemed reasonable to me at the time but purely on the fact that both could point to a previous record of success. Obviously if one had the advantage of interviewing them then one would have got a far more detailed view and Young had a dodgy time at Stockport, whilst Halifax got rid of the other one.

What interests me is why they both failed so spectacularly? Was it purely their own fault or was there something wrong at the club that they inherited ?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »

Hi Ballers

Yes the Tolson appointment was made with eyes open, as he was already a known entity at the club, so clearly an obvious case of bad judgement.

I have to admit the next two appointments seemed reasonable to me at the time but purely on the fact that both could point to a previous record of success. Obviously if one had the advantage of interviewing them then one would have got a far more detailed view and Young had a dodgy time at Stockport, whilst Halifax got rid of the other one.

What interests me is why they both failed so spectacularly? Was it purely their own fault or was there something wrong at the club that they inherited ?
conscious your not asking me but here is my opinion

Young got rid of too many players brought in worse players and was continually tinkering with the squad the low point had to be playing an unknown who lasted 10 minutes as he could not communicate

Harvey was in too deep and we gained nothing by letting him go and bringing in an unproven manager who had been heavily involved previously

Not to dissimilar to Neil T
ParkINson's red and white army

Spring

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 10:59:09 PM »

Thanks Wayno....makes sense.

I must admit to be being surprised they got rid of Harvey so quickly, as he had inherited a team who were not successful, so hardly surprising he was not a quick success himself. I assumed there were issues also behind the scenes.

All a catalogue of errors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My way of Protesting at the way the Club is being run.