Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An exciting alternative for those of us who don't play Football Manager.....

Author Topic: An exciting alternative for those of us who don't play Football Manager.....  (Read 2957 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBBUTEO-H-W-TEAM-V-NECK-RARE-ALTRINGHAM-No-38_W0QQitemZ230254503802QQihZ013QQcategoryZ21552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Red shorts as well, just like the good old days!

Plus...you could always keep Chris Senior on standby as a substitute for when you accidentally kneel on your centre forward.

Just think of what tremendous fun you could have flicking all of these players back into your penalty area when your opponent gets a corner....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Think they have got this wrong.........this is not Altringham and neither is it Altrincham.............in the classic heavyweight subbuteo figures (ie circa 1968 to 1975) this is Grimsby Town.

Coincidence this really, I was telling somebody earlier tonight how I got £36 for Cambridge from American collector, but got sod all for Weymouth because I did not realise it was in fact Weymouth (rare) until money changed hands
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

You have to be a league team to be in Subbuteo... Hence why I enjoyed the Dagenham and Redbridge song a few years a go... Plus Aldershot sung it this year.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Think they have got this wrong.........this is not Altringham and neither is it Altrincham.............in the classic heavyweight subbuteo figures (ie circa 1968 to 1975) this is Grimsby Town.

Coincidence this really, I was telling somebody earlier tonight how I got £36 for Cambridge from American collector, but got sod all for Weymouth because I did not realise it was in fact Weymouth (rare) until money changed hands

Grimsby was Black & White stripes wasn't it?

I think that it is Stoke City!

Longman

You have to be a league team to be in Subbuteo... Hence why I enjoyed the Dagenham and Redbridge song a few years a go... Plus Aldershot sung it this year.
How did the song go?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It would be nice if you could get some appropriate Subbuteo accessories to accompany this boxed team such as:

(i) a miniature Dennis Birch that you could flick up and down one touchline;

(ii) a miniature Kenny with a pie in one hand and a radio in the other;

(iii) a miniature Justin Bowler in a club blazer to place in the main stand for each game;

(iv) a miniature Brian Flynn to flick down the main stand steps and annoy the home supporters when we equalise at Oxford United.

Any others?   

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hamilton

A miniature GH turned away from the pitch with his fist up in the direction of the fans
You could get a Subbuteo cricket team to be the Australians watching the match

thegazelle

i thought mr Flynn was a subbuteo player.......................... :o :o

sorry couldnt resist that you can have one free fatist jibe on me

PS see how i let wayne off becuse he frekkend me last time i did a minimalist joke about him

thegazelle

in reltion to the jibe fromm wayne with regrds to my phone problem, i refer you to my earlier comment

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

OK, who paid £158.03 for that eBay item then?

thegazelle

as a pro uk veganh was it you?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An exciting alternative for those of us who don't play Football Manager.....