News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The drunken truths

Author Topic: The drunken truths  (Read 1491 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The drunken truths
« on: September 09, 2007, 03:59:29 AM »

Ok , i've come in at 3.15 am after a night on the pi55. Today's game hurt me a lot, more than any other game for a long time. Lets stop giving teams credit. Yes we are part time but we can compete at this level. I am a fan, thats all I am, but I am a fan who believes this team is better than we think it is. I think the management give other teams too much respect . I can quite easily say pi55 up that when Logan came on and he was the most talented player on the pitch. We had Potts, Senior and Logan on the bench at the start. I have not read the postings since the game, but we started with four centre mids in midfield again, I honesty love graham but please at least give us one winger at home. I have watched Alty for a long time now and the times we have been good are when we've had a Showler, Sharrat, Terry, Ellison type of player on the wing and then a McKenna, Green type of player in the middle up front. Everyone knows what I think of Joe. Respect for his effort but he is not going to help us, he is no forward, he's weak and does not know what runs to make.Already this season I have seen Pottsy put balls in, that I would DREAM off as a striker, but there's no person attacking it. Actually respect for Peyton back post attacks, but where's the six yard box man and that is O'Neil??? miles behind the play. Since Robinson we have shut shop on attacking football, but that season we were awesome at home. We have the players to attack teams. Sedgmore scored a screamer today, quality goal but he ain't done nothing for the team. Aspinal played well today until the second and third goal but again he always has a big mistake in him. Munroe has stepped his game up so much but we have now had Lawton, Little and Munroe sent off, I love players who get stuck in and I think that's what makes the English game but lets Fu*king stop kicking out at players, especially when we know that they are going to gone down and roll about. I ain't no manager even though I think I am drunk but lets go at teams from the start and stop waiting until we are one or two nil down before we start playing because that is all I have seen this season. People's reply is going to be, we attacked today and we lost 3-1. yes not debating that, but how about attack from the start, get a lead, yes a lead, shock for some people, and then try and hold it for the last 15 mins, instead of always chasing full time footballers for some sort of result. Sick of just waiting until we are losing to start playing football. Makes me laugh when people say Pottsy can't last 90 mins, you know why he can't last 90 mins. it's because we play part time footy????? where we only train twice a week at the most. The players work, so the only way he will get fit is to play him, I have said this about Rod in the past. Favourites, last season Bushell was played half fit in a lot games. Love Robbie Lawton but if he ain't going to play in the middle then Pottsy deserves his chance. Whilst we have Logan we need to play him, at home whack Peyton at left back and Logan on the wing. I have so much respect for the managment and the team but as I have said before if we don't attack teams especially at home we are going down but we have a team that  can easily stay up. I believe that !!!!

louise1925

Re: The drunken truths
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 09:32:22 AM »

Pissed or not, you are spot on!

Butty

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:06:52 AM »

speakin of robinson, i agree with you there, the days of the robinson/murphy combination scored us a lot of goals. speaking of ged, does anyone know why we released him or was it a loan? would it be worth renewing that or maybe signing him?

le bignose

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 02:56:02 PM »

Absolutely spot on from oneedham!! I wasnt able to attend Oxford game as im stuck in Thailand, sh*tter i know!! But having watched alty since conference reinstatment we seem to go with the idea that cos we're part time, and not a so called 'big club' we can fall in to the trap of saying it ok to try defend or if we get beat - well we're only part time! Sod that talk, in my mind thats cheap talk to hide the fact we aint performing! An maybe so from GH cos im sorry but the effort of some players and tactical decisions only point to a deafest way of playing in this league! Right, so we aint a big club so lets get out there an give it a go! An if we go down then we say well we give it a shot but we aint a big club! every game should be a cup final !! So yeah im right with oneedhams thoughts cos something has to change! rant over!! Back to the ladyboys
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The drunken truths