PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where are we heading???
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Where are we heading???  (Read 4779 times)

le bignose

Where are we heading???
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:20:50 AM »

am i getting a bit of the old twitchy bum to early or does anyone else feel we're being left behind in the market and not really competing in signing players!! It was always going to be a struggle to stay in this league as we know we cant complete in signing players with our finances but as more players walk away from the moss lane doors we seem to be resigning to the fact that relegation looms for the forthcoming season!! I can only see the season going one way, even though in past conference seasons we actually put up a fight !! I cant see this happening again ..........

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Where are we heading???
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:41:10 AM »

FOR f**kS SAKE WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK, PLAYERS ARE STILL CONTRACTED @ THE MO. ooh sorry din't realise caps were on. we'll be good. players are not going to come till next week when contracts are up

markecky

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »

Do you seriously not get the transfer market thing at all?

Here it is in simple terms for you.

We are not big payers, we are very unlikely at the front of the queue in terms of cash (the key motivator in every footballer).

We do not pay transfer fees.

We are part time

Therefore when Torquay go and bid £15,000 for an Exeter player, offer him a £1000, car, use of a club flat in the town, bonus if they go up, we cannot do that.

We have to cherry pick from the hundreds of players that will be desperate for a club in the next few months.  So players ring up all the time:

"Yeah its Dave Winger here, was in Burys reserves for two years, been working as a scaffolder in Wales for a year, started at Man United as a 5 yr old, they were going to sign me but Alex Ferguson fell off his bike on the way to meet me  and then I got Asthma buts that better now"

What should the manager do?

A) Sign him immediately as he has been at Utd

B) Ask him to come down when training starts, if he shows any sort of touch, start him in a friendly and see what he has to offer?

We have signed Tinson and Lane before the start of training, we normally don't sign anyone before the pre season games.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:06:01 PM »

like the sound of dave winger we should sign him up

markecky

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 12:32:15 PM »

Seriously, this talk is driving me crackers.

Nearly as much as the "who will go down in 2009" thread.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 01:07:05 PM »

i agree people should understand the situation or shut the fook up. lol all i know comes from football manager but even on there oyu don't buy till july!

le bignose

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »

who's Dave Winger?? is he free now to sign then???? After his name sake we do need wingers!!

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »

Jeez guys calm down.

Not everyone does understand the market we are in, and where we can get players from. Not everyone knows as much as others aboutt the club, the market the financial position we are in. I didnt know the market myself until it was explained.

And regarding the 2009 relegation thread, I really think you are over reacting. It was a thread based on gut feelings for the forth coming year.

And who is dave winger btw? I heard he has two left feet should be great to replace Lewis down that side.

thegazelle

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 01:48:26 PM »

Dave winger was in the same manchester boys team as billy thirtygoalsayear-striker who being offered 2,ooo k per week and all the coke he needs at droylesden

le bignose

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 03:31:13 PM »

thanks jenga!! obviously if you aint sure about things then you better not speak out on the forum with the big boys to shoot down cowboys like meyself!! Obviously its a touchy subject and if we can sign players like Wave Dinger then im happy. Thank god i know we can sign someone anyway!!

markecky

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »

Its a forum.  You can express all the opinions you like, and so can I.  Its what makes forums interesting.

Apologies if it appears I am shouting people down, its not my intention.  Its just we have never signed players at this time of year (with the exception of when we had the McAlpine money and got Ellender as co because we could get to the front of the queue then) so there really in no need to panic.

Again sorry if I have offended.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »

halls gone to freaking gainsbourogh he's have been a decent winger to sign!

joe

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »

Lives in Lincoln though which is prob why he chose Gainsboro to minimise travelling.

teasybeaver

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 05:06:42 PM »

I'm really concerned now. Why haven't we signed anyone again?

Seems ludicrous to me, we should have a new squad by now!

In truth whats all the fuss about? We've signed 2 players, and there's 2 more in the balance (pottsy +1) if you read the main site. Even with the squad as it is we're not looking that bad?

Ps..This Dave Winger, i think he's already infiltrated the club once before, under the pseudonym 'Bowler'. Can we make sure we don't sign him. Wouldn't mind Billy 30goalsaseason when he's out of rehab though!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 05:13:54 PM »

Lives in Lincoln though which is prob why he chose Gainsboro to minimise travelling.

good point but it just makes me wonder thats all if gainsborough can afford a decent winger! but no worry yet its just something i noticed today!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where are we heading???