* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Potts?

Author Topic: Potts?  (Read 2443 times)

teasybeaver

Potts?
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:00:19 AM »

Ok so we're not in BSN anymore, but if pottsy doesnt get taken on in MLS and he's gained a high level of fitness should we still give him a trial pre-season?

I think we should. He terrorised a few defenses in conf national a couple of seasons ago, if only for 5 minutes before he needed a fag and a kebab! He's got great natural ability and coupled with fitness could be a great player for us.

Thoughts?

...puts on anti-slate helmet and waits for onslaught of slating from jezza and cult.....

Alty365

Re: Potts?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »

I think we'd be foolish not to give him a chance. If he has got himself fit he's exactly what we're looking for.

Remember in Rocky 2 where Mickey gets Rocky to improve his speed by chasing a chicken? That's what you need to do Pottsy! ;)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:23:43 AM »

the only problem is when he catches them and roasts it and puts it inbetween a nan with chilli sauce

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »

We need speed. Speed's what we need. Greasy, fast speed!

:D

I think we'd be foolish not to give him a chance. If he has got himself fit he's exactly what we're looking for.

Remember in Rocky 2 where Mickey gets Rocky to improve his speed by chasing a chicken? That's what you need to do Pottsy! ;)

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »

At the risk of being peaked to high heaven by teasy beaver.

I think it's worth a try"...he could become a very dangoirous poirson..he could eat lightening..and he could crap thunder".

Puts tin hat on ready for up in arms opposing views.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 04:57:43 PM »

Ok so we're not in BSN anymore, but if pottsy doesnt get taken on in MLS and he's gained a high level of fitness should we still give him a trial pre-season?

I think we should. He terrorised a few defenses in conf national a couple of seasons ago, if only for 5 minutes before he needed a fag and a kebab! He's got great natural ability and coupled with fitness could be a great player for us.

Thoughts?

...puts on anti-slate helmet and waits for onslaught of slating from jezza and cult.....

Mr teasybeaver,

No slating from me.....but I do wonder if Pottsy will ever achieve the necessary "high level of fitness" that you mention?

Don't get me wrong, Potts was a fantastic asset for us during the Conference North season, where he was a key factor in setting up plenty of chances for Colin Little, but I do believe that bringing him back now would be a retrograde step.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altyant

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 08:43:20 PM »

Thoughts?

Mr teasybeaver,

No slating from me.....but I do wonder if Pottsy will ever achieve the necessary "high level of fitness" that you mention?

Don't get me wrong, Potts was a fantastic asset for us during the Conference North season, where he was a key factor in setting up plenty of chances for Colin Little, but I do believe that bringing him back now would be a retrograde step.

I dont know I think we should give him a trial pre-season and take it from there. We need that kind of player and there arent many about.

Certainly cant be any worse then Bowler!!

altyf

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 08:49:28 PM »

I definitely think it's worth a go. I realise that he wasn't the fittest but we all know he had class and I don't think he could be any more unfit than when he last played for us. I just remember that first game against Gainsborough and I just thought  wow...this is gonna be some season!

lukealty12

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 09:08:11 PM »

worth a trial, then who noes.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Potts?