PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTY.......THE NEW MILLWALL!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ALTY.......THE NEW MILLWALL!  (Read 8491 times)

robbie

« on: June 13, 2007, 07:10:05 AM »

Its good to read around the forums non league press and general chit chat from people, that how hated and resented"Alty" have become, as a club, for constantly avoiding relagation, on technicalities, and not on their very poor footballing abilities!

BASICALLY YOU ARE THE NEW MILLWALL......"EVERYBODY HATES YOU, BUT YOU DONT CARE!"

markecky

Re: ALTY.......THE NEW MILLWALL!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:13:24 AM »

Whay were we meant to do then kid?  Say "no thanks lads, we've already got the minibus to Blyth booked on the Tuesday, its Conference North for us"

If we had schemed and campaigned for a reprieve, put out statements saying other clubs should go down as they are cheats etc then you might be right.

We didn't ask for a reprieve, we were given one.

What would your (anonymous) club have done?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 09:03:45 AM »

Hardly the case either pal, most people I know are looking forward to viditing Alty again. I think you may be getting slightly confused here. 11,000 people signed a peition to keep us up last year and about 11million people this year don't care it's us that have stayed up as long as Boston got what was coming to them.

Incorrect but a good effort trying to find a new angle , 6 out of 10.  :)

Stockportalty

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:32:42 AM »

Do I detect a little jealousy from our friend from 'who knows where' ???.
We just happened to be the team 4th from the bottom, it could have been any of the other clubs around us, the way the results went during the last couple of weeks of the season.
Never mind, all this will be forgotten in August when the season starts.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 09:48:51 AM »

Our friend Robbie is the hilarious Crawley fan who said.."weve made a team out of players that no one else wanted and we held our own"

Rearrange these words....Tony a grand Scully on a  week

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 10:58:46 AM »

If Crawley hadn't got the 10 point penalty, they'd have been pushing for the play offs.

robbie

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 12:10:13 PM »

Our friend Robbie is the hilarious Crawley fan who said.."weve made a team out of players that no one else wanted and we held our own"

Rearrange these words....Tony a grand Scully on a  week

[/
A grand a week??? you dont want to believe all you read sunshine!!!!!!!!!

altyf

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 12:19:23 PM »

Its alright mate. Just because it's hard to accept that your club is being run so badly doesn't mean you have to deny what your players are earning.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 12:23:45 PM »

I don't believe all I read sunshine.

If I did I'd think that your club struggled  through last season with other clubs castoffs just paying £50 petrol here and their to a team of Sunday league lads. I'd be congratulatng you on staying up and living within your means.

The reality is quite different.

robbie

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 12:47:48 PM »

Its alright mate. Just because it's hard to accept that your club is being run so badly doesn't mean you have to deny what your players are earning.

All you lot hark on about is how well run club you are, thats all well and good, but thats no good if you are totally horsesh*t on the pitch!

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »

We consider it a priority to actually make sure there's a team on the pitch full stop. I'd rather be well run and get relegated than be badly run (without a chairman) and nearly go bust just to finish mid-table.

robbie

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 01:01:58 PM »

We consider it a priority to actually make sure there's a team on the pitch full stop. I'd rather be well run and get relegated than be badly run (without a chairman) and nearly go bust just to finish mid-table.

Ahh mid-table a position you will only be dreaming of again this season!

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 01:07:40 PM »

We certainly are dreaming of finishing mid-table. We would all be very happy indeed with that outcome.  :)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 01:09:19 PM »

All you lot hark on about is how well run club you are, thats all well and good, but thats no good if you are totally horsesh*t on the pitch!

Have you not considered that in a league where clubs such as Crawley are allowed to cheat by spending money they don't have and are seemingly never going to pay back the latter is a direct resut of the former?

Thought not.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 01:15:57 PM »

Which would explain why a club like Boston did very well on the pitch for a while, but were such a badly run club off it that they are now a total shambles with a battered reputation.  Ironic that it saved us eh?

Oh and mid-table would be great for us next season, better mid-table with a secure future than edge of the play offs with CVAs and administrators hovering over you.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team