Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mrs Band's Husband what used to play for us.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mrs Band's Husband what used to play for us.  (Read 5684 times)

Jezza

« on: June 11, 2007, 01:58:43 PM »

Just wondering how he feels at the moment?

Good omen Bandy leaving, we always seem to bounce back into the conference shortly after!

Don't want to reopen any old arguments..if I can understand Bandy leaving us then anyone can.

Just thought I'd toast absent friends.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs Band's Husband what used to play for us.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:32:05 PM »

I suspect that it all boils down to the real reason(s) for his departure to Hyde.

If the rumoured/alleged reason for him leaving Moss Lane that I have heard is correct, then I believe that he would have still gone to Hyde regardless of which league Alty were in.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:47:55 PM »

if its the one i have heard, that he was ready to move more local to home and just ready for a change then i too would believe he would have moved on regardless. don't come on here throwing dirt, or making comments insunuating that there are other reasons behind the move if they are
a) unfounded or b)you don't have the guts to air them.

Cult you seem to constantly be on here making comments that are derogatory or just plain negative and it to be fair is just pissing me off.

i'm not saying people have to all have the same view but everything said seems to be turned around and put negatively recently.

appologies if this seems personal its just starting to piss me off something rotten old chap

teasybeaver

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 03:53:03 PM »

if its the one i have heard, that he was ready to move more local to home and just ready for a change then i too would believe he would have moved on regardless. don't come on here throwing dirt, or making comments insunuating that there are other reasons behind the move if they are

Cult you seem to constantly be on here making comments that are derogatory or just plain negative and it to be fair is just pissing me off.

i'm not saying people have to all have the same view but everything said seems to be turned around and put negatively recently.

appologies if this seems personal its just starting to piss me off something rotten old chap

Thats a bit harsh, he didnt even say anything negative, it was jezza!

Anyhow, Band is gone and we wont miss him so can we just stop bating his poor wife and get on with life!

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 04:10:08 PM »

Bugger me if I didn't go out of my way to make the point I didn't want any derogatory comments. I'll bet Bandy had a few bittersweet thoughts when he heard the news but no doubt was delighted for us.

It was teasy beaver's fault in my opinion....I'm gonna peake him for that.

Mind you, we can always trust the cult to put a new and original spin on things which makes the forum a far far better place....in my opinion....have a goodwin culty wulty.

And don't accuse me of baiting anyone's wife....except my own.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »

PS just noticed the cult's goodwin rating.....got a cheat button there cult or what?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 04:13:58 PM »

Thats a bit harsh, he didnt even say anything negative, it was jezza!

Anyhow, Band is gone and we wont miss him so can we just stop bating his poor wife and get on with life!

is not just that comment though, but moving on i think wife baiting is quite fun in fact i'm a master wife baiter

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »

I think we fed you the wrong feedline there hence the rather odd but nonetheless politically incorrect and therefore humourous punchline.
My wife's got no nose incidentally.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »

PS just noticed the cult's goodwin rating.....got a cheat button there cult or what?

Jezza,

I'm a little worried that I may have acquired a lovesick stalker.

I'm extremely worried that the possible lovesick stalker could be David Birch.....

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 04:26:36 PM »

You're not fooling me cult..c'mon, how do you do it?

I mean you've reached 500 goodwins before I got to 200 peakes so something's amiss.

At least we can eliminate many possibble suspects....

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »

The very thought of Dave Birch using a pc is enough to drive you to drink. Can you imagine the heckling??

"COME OOOOOOON! BOOT UP!!!. 30 BLOODY YEARS I'VE HAD THIS COMPUTER. YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN CR4P! I KNEW YOU WOULDN'T LOAD, I WAS TELLING DENNIS THIS MORNING THAT YOU'D CRASH!"

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 04:42:41 PM »

Not sure where I was "throwing dirt" to be honest!

I can assure you that there was nothing sinister about my post.
The reason I used the description 'rumoured/alleged' regarding the reason(s) for Peter Band's departure is that, having not been personally issued with a press release by either Bandy or his good lady, I do not have the full facts before me (however reliable the source of the information that I was told may have been).

The only point I was trying to make was that Band's decision was probably not dependent upon which league Alty were in.

I wouldn't mind....but I was one of the people on here who did my best to help Mrs Band get her hands on some Take That tickets!

Believe me, I'm certainly not negative after the glorious news of last Saturday.

As someone who posted on here in the wake of our relegation bemoaning the (to my mind) bewilderingly positive response in some quarters (and, yes, that includes our Chairman) to our initial demotion to the BS North, I am now euphoric at our reprieve.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 04:48:20 PM »

The very thought of Dave Birch using a pc is enough to drive you to drink. Can you imagine the heckling??

"COME OOOOOOON! BOOT UP!!!. 30 BLOODY YEARS I'VE HAD THIS COMPUTER. YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN CR4P! I KNEW YOU WOULDN'T LOAD, I WAS TELLING DENNIS THIS MORNING THAT YOU'D CRASH!"

has to be the best post of the day!!

mrsband

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 03:31:27 PM »

Bloody Hell!!! Been away for 5 days and look what happens!!!!!
Bandy was really pleased that Alty have been reprieved again, and we both wish you all the success in the BSP, but he doesnt regret leaving. He made a decision and stuck with it, the move suits him as a player, and us as a family, thats all there is to it. 
You are right to say that his move would probably have gone ahead regardless of which league Alty were in, he thought it was only fair to be straight from the start and not keep people hanging on for him to make his mind up.
Anyway, good luck next season, I hope you push the boat out a bit, and sign some quality players to ensure you finish 'safely' next year!!

And Cult ...................... I still didnt get any bloody Take That tickets!!!!

Don't forget, I may be gone, but I am still watching  ;) ;) ;) !!!!

tonybrads

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 04:24:43 PM »

thanks again Mrs Band good luck in the future hope we meet you in the cup
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team