News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ambitious newcomers.....

Author Topic: Ambitious newcomers.....  (Read 2936 times)

taxi Phil

Ambitious newcomers.....
« on: May 24, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »

Having already signed James Constable from Oxford United, Eastleigh have added AFC Wimbledon's Jack Midson.

THESE GUYS APPEAR TO BE TAKING IT SERIOUSLY !!!!!

roytonmike

Re: Ambitious newcomers.....
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 10:10:16 PM »

Well, they do have form as the moneybags of Conference South, so it's hardly surprising ...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 10:19:27 PM »

Grays Athletic did something very similar to this 10 years ago.

Their ground is now a housing estate.
Come on Alty!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 06:33:13 AM »

I was sat next to a Director of Eastleigh at the FA Trophy final. He told me that money had/is being pumped into the club and their boards ambition is to become a football league club. I agree that they could go the same way as Grays.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 07:58:48 AM »

having spent a bit of time in the area I know Eastleigh to be a small village just 5 miles north of Portsmouth and Southampton.....I posted the bit I saw in the paper with that journeyman who scored the pen for Eastbourne against us at stoke and the perimeter fence collapsing under the weight of a single line of terracing surging forward to celebrate.

Pompey have been getting unbelievable crowds and their support is holding up despite their demise.

I can't see where support is going to come from to sustain full time football.....but for a few years they will obviously do well

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »

If they buy a defence and midfield to match the forwards they will go up

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 03:49:08 PM »

having spent a bit of time in the area I know Eastleigh to be a small village just 5 miles north of Portsmouth and Southampton.....I posted the bit I saw in the paper with that journeyman who scored the pen for Eastbourne against us at stoke and the perimeter fence collapsing under the weight of a single line of terracing surging forward to celebrate.
Pompey have been getting unbelievable crowds and their support is holding up despite their demise.
I can't see where support is going to come from to sustain full time football.....but for a few years they will obviously do well
Eastleigh isn't quite Brackley - it's a fairly substantial town which grew with the railways. It is about 5 miles from Southampton but Pompey is about 20 miles to the south-east. My suspicion is that attendances haven't played much of a part in the club's growth so far, rather like Brackley, & in the same way their long-term prospects will depend more on their backer's interest level than anything else.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »

Eastleigh isn't quite Brackley - it's a fairly substantial town which grew with the railways. It is about 5 miles from Southampton but Pompey is about 20 miles to the south-east. My suspicion is that attendances haven't played much of a part in the club's growth so far, rather like Brackley, & in the same way their long-term prospects will depend more on their backer's interest level than anything else.

Averaged 679 last season.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 04:39:46 PM »

Ground stomping old nearly. A quick going over by the financials, powered by Dynamos is it? Ideas above their branchline? A population that bode not boot? Tears by Christmas future? The demise of the demesne. RIP waiting room. Very few present or correct.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 05:05:06 PM »

According to wikipedia the population of eastleighh is 125 k that shoulld mean potential althoughprobably mainly southampton fans
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ambitious newcomers.....