PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sponsored Slim: Story and Final Total
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sponsored Slim: Story and Final Total  (Read 3475 times)

markecky

« on: February 21, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »

All,

Well after a tense finale, it was done by some margin!  Here is the week by week as I got weighed at weighT**tchers (but never did the points, don't tell them)

After the panic of Wednesday I ate cereal and soup for every meal and went to the gym six times and worked until I dropped.

I somehow managed to lose 7lbs in 3 days to make the grand total loss of:

20lbs

Others got some great results as well, and I think the collective loss was over 9 stone

So its now time to round up the payments.

If you would like to pay online you can with Paypal.  You don't need a Paypal account and can pay with any major credit or debit card. 

If you would like to pay by card then please PM me with your email address and amount owed and I will send you an invoice on email with details of how to pay.

Anyone who would like to pay me cash can do so at any home game and some away, starting with Stevenage next week.

If anyone went a £1 a lb but is struggling now that figure is £20, please don't worry, £14 will be fine.

I am grateful for all your support, it kept me going on the treadmill when my legs nearly gave way and I was due a spectacular dismount!

Any queries, just ask.

Thanks

Ecky

joe

Sponsored slim
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:54:58 PM »

Congratulations mate! I know this has been very hard for you and i think you've done massively well. No way i could've done it.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsored Slim: Story and Final Total
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 10:00:31 PM »

Mark ... That's a fantastic effort.. I did sponsor you for a tenner but as you did so well I will up it to 20 quid... I will give you cash next Sat at the Stevenage game in the bar after the match mate.

Well done and enjoy your fish supper.... ;)
Ray

Little CamVic

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »

Well I don't believe the 7lbs in 3 days thing for a minute - it's called fluid loss and you've probably put it all back on by now.

Of course, if you had serious squits for those three days, that would probably do it.

My payment will wing its way to you via PayPal. I've no intention of being at Moss Lane for a few seasons.

Top effort though.  ;D

markecky

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 10:30:36 PM »

Well I don't believe the 7lbs in 3 days thing for a minute - it's called fluid loss and you've probably put it all back on by now.

Of course, if you had serious squits for those three days, that would probably do it.

My payment will wing its way to you via PayPal. I've no intention of being at Moss Lane for a few seasons.

Top effort though.  ;D

I couldn't give a toss what its called to be honest but I can assure you I did it.  I have the weighT**tchers card from Wednesday to prove it.  No squits probably due to little food!

Thanks, you can send a paypal payment to eckyslim@googlemail.com if you have an account.

Many thanks

markecky

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 10:31:03 PM »

Mark ... That's a fantastic effort.. I did sponsor you for a tenner but as you did so well I will up it to 20 quid... I will give you cash next Sat at the Stevenage game in the bar after the match mate.

Well done and enjoy your fish supper.... ;)
Ray

Great gesture...many thanks

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 11:58:11 PM »

Top effort though.  ;D

you don't any intention of being a moss lane for a few seasons your team certainly doesn't and unlike your team our team and our supporters are having a very successful season

Congratulations Ecky i would of sorted you out today but then realised i hadn't taken enough out so will defo sort you out at stevenage next week

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 12:23:46 AM »

Ecky,

Hats off to you - a tremendous effort.

Any truth in the rumour that Victoria Beckham has been trying to contact you for details of your revolutionary Weetabix and celery soup diet plan?

Do you fancy assuming the role of Jody Banim's personal trainer? 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 12:40:41 AM »

Top effort though.  ;D

you don't any intention of being a moss lane for a few seasons your team certainly doesn't and unlike your team our team and our supporters are having a very successful season

Congratulations Ecky i would of sorted you out today but then realised i hadn't taken enough out so will defo sort you out at stevenage next week

A good effort to sound a T**t even though your phrase doesn't make sense James. Well done.

Life tip: if someone offers to give you money voluntarily, don't start abusing them...ffs  ::)

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 03:12:23 AM »

Ballers are you in have a pop at me season at the min

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 09:21:16 AM »

season or at the min, can't be both, my guess would be season
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 11:03:47 AM »

You don't think crowing at the fan of a rival club when they have generously donated money to Alty is poor form then no?

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 02:40:22 PM »

Congratutaions Ecky. Great effort.

Money is paypalling it's way to you.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »

Thanks guys.

Paypal is definitely the easiest way to pay...you can even stick it on your credit card in these hard times.

Just let me know if you don't have an account and I will send you an invoice you can pay.

Otherwise login and select send money and enter eckyslim@googlemail.com, stating your username in the message

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 07:35:38 PM »

Like the new profile picture Ecky. I lost 1 stone 2ib in the 7 weeks and probably raised about £70 from family and friends.
I have decided to carry the diet on for another 7 weeks and for every lb i lose i will donate it to the club. :o :o
@AltyDaz
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team