Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "[The referee] has played longer than he should have done".
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: "[The referee] has played longer than he should have done".  (Read 6600 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: "[The referee] has played longer than he should have done".
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2023, 11:35:29 AM »

You're right. Wouldn't be a fortune would it for, at most, half a dozen matches per season?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2023, 03:58:55 PM »

We need to show some bollocks and pay for policing.

I know you have to hire a job lot of them but even 2 coppers stood in that Halifax end would have solved all that.

Fans/trouble makers don’t give a sh*t about stewards of any form but do when police are there. We know that. We’ve known it for years. We scrimped on police costs and paid the penalty.
Is that true though?  I accept I may be wrong, but I thought that while we could request their presence, the decision on whether they would attend was made by the police themselves.
Interestingly, I was at the game in Runcorn on Tuesday and there was a greater police presence there!

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2023, 06:21:22 PM »

I know you have to hire a job lot of them but even 2 coppers stood in that Halifax end would have solved all that.

Fans/trouble makers don’t give a sh*t about stewards of any form but do when police are there. We know that. We’ve known it for years. We scrimped on police costs and paid the penalty.
Is that true though?  I accept I may be wrong, but I thought that while we could request their presence, the decision on whether they would attend was made by the police themselves.
Interestingly, I was at the game in Runcorn on Tuesday and there was a greater police presence there!

And a sniffer dog looking for pyro.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2023, 07:50:12 PM »

The police charge good  money per officer that attends  as a resident. Most premiership matches attract staff on overtime rates. Operational demands may mean officers may not be available. The police are a business with budgets. They were a force but now a service.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 07:52:37 PM by rorysgrandad »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "[The referee] has played longer than he should have done".