Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax put in seven days for Redshaw (OS)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Halifax put in seven days for Redshaw (OS)  (Read 20586 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax put in seven days for Redshaw (OS)
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »

Why can't people read properly? People on the Halifax forum are interpreting altrinchams comments on the subject to mean jack has a better chance of getting in the football league with altrincham than Halifax, I give up some times I really do!

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »

I hope he stays, he seems to be enjoying it at  Alty, but sometimes heads can be swayed and I suspect Halifax will throw a load of money at him.

At the end of the day, I think both teams will be in the same league next year and he'll be playing at a higher level.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »

I hope jack stays, good luck to him either way. Come on Alty

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 09:57:31 PM »

Why can't people read properly? People on the Halifax forum are interpreting altrinchams comments on the subject to mean jack has a better chance of getting in the football league with altrincham than Halifax, I give up some times I really do!

I particularly enjoyed this highly original contribution:

"I dont know where they have got that they are too big for this league, they've been surviving off everyone else for years in the Premier, this is where they belong."

YAWN!
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 09:59:49 PM »

I particularly enjoyed this highly original contribution:

"I dont know where they have got that they are too big for this league, they've been surviving off everyone else for years in the Premier, this is where they belong."

YAWN!

They shouldn't let the facts get in the way of a good old rant should they.

shaymen down under

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 10:00:01 PM »

To be honest, I think it will come down to money and security. We have a wage structure in place,
Which we won't break, but by the sounds of it you can't pay that much in wages. As
For being in the shop window for league Clubs, then it's a non event as well. If he is good enough the scouts will come. Jamie vardy is a case in point. We payed 16k for him. We sold Him for 150k, plus
Goals, appearance and promotion clause as well as a 30% sell on. Add to the fact that he is valued at a £1million or more.

If he stays with you I commend his loyalty and your managers powers of persuasion. But I don't  think playing for Halifax or
Alty will make much of a difference. If he we can provide a good wage and contract with a league club get out clause. I suspect
He might sign for us.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 10:01:45 PM »

We should offer him a contract until the end of the season and at what ever the top earners get presuming they aren't all paid the same, ok halifax will still offer more but only three and a half months until end of season

shaymen down under

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »

I would imagine Sinnott will be asking your board to
Do that. He might use as it as a bargaining chip to get a better wage out of you lot.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 10:07:37 PM »

To be honest, I think it will come down to money and security. We have a wage structure in place,
Which we won't break, but by the sounds of it you can't pay that much in wages. As
For being in the shop window for league Clubs, then it's a non event as well. If he is good enough the scouts will come. Jamie vardy is a case in point. We payed 16k for him. We sold Him for 150k, plus
Goals, appearance and promotion clause as well as a 30% sell on. Add to the fact that he is valued at a £1million or more.

If he stays with you I commend his loyalty and your managers powers of persuasion. But I don't  think playing for Halifax or
Alty will make much of a difference. If he we can provide a good wage and contract with a league club get out clause. I suspect
He might sign for us.

He won't sign a contract with any non league  club buddy, be it you or us or salford for that matter, it wouldn't be in his interest to, so neither will make anything profit wise.That's what lee Sinnott is saying in the newspaper article.Also any chance you can put some of the less articulate Posters on your forum right.Everyone knows Halifax are a bigger and more well suited club for league football and no one on here or at our club would suggest otherwise

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »

Whilst it would be great if he stayed, if we tried to up the budget to keep him here we might be better off spending that money getting another player in within a different position. eg. central midfield, centre half or full back. Its unlikely that we will make the playoffs and if he is going to leave in May anyway is there really much point in us taking the gamble. We gambled with overspending the budget last year and look what we have ended up with.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

Halifax are an ex league club with a bigger fan base they have more potential than us that can't be denied.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:40 PM »

Halifax are an ex league club with a bigger fan base they have more potential than us that can't be denied.

No-one is denying it though, that's the whole point.
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »

We are just going to have to get used to this, in our league either they are really good and other clubs will want them or they arn't and we will want rid.  End of the day its a good position for Jack to be in.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

ALTYGAL

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »

Hope he stays, but can't see it happening were not that lucky  :-\

We never get any money fron transfers it p***es me off  :'(

Hamilton

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 10:21:45 PM »

Stu could also have a word with Jack, explaining hhis reasons for staying at the club (see main site "STUART'S PHILOSOPHY")
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax put in seven days for Redshaw (OS)