PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I feel cheated.....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I feel cheated.....  (Read 5401 times)

Nonleaguer

I feel cheated.....
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:41:48 PM »

Granted our play today was poor but today's referee was absolutely appalling. The number of times the Gloucester players lead with arms, grabbed shirts and feigned injury and got away with it, it's hardly a surprise that the Respect campaign isn't working.

His bias was ridiculous and his decisions were bemusing. I for one hope he was watched by an assessor who can despatch him to the Moldovian Old Boys league where perhaps he may be at his level. That said knowing the state of the FA they will probably promote him a la Ross Joyce and the future of the game will spiral further down the pan.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I feel cheated.....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 08:10:41 PM »

The ref had no influence on the result today in my opinion we need to look elswhewre i feel im afraid
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »

The ref today was well below average and made some bewildering decisions at times..........but he had no influence on the result.

That said he was no poorer than the teams out there that he had to ref against...........major surgery needed with this team - too many players from last season who have taken the drop down a level and don't seem able to 'cut-it' and several new faces who aren't good enough...........what are Talbs and Bandy up to !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »

I don't think that the ref got too much wrong today, at least nothing that mattered as far as tHe outcome was concerned.  If anything, therer were a couple of Alty players who were fortunate not to be booked.  Clee, in particular, has made a habit of back-chat to the opposition payers and/ off ref.  I would mind less if we were winning more games.  I know he's good, but I wish he would, let his ability do he talking and leave it at that.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

Just read my post.  Loads of typos and grammar errors.  I blame the iPad keypad but I'll try hard in future, can't have the standard slipping!

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 08:32:38 PM »

Harder.........good grief!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »

Granted our play today was poor but today's referee was absolutely appalling. The number of times the Gloucester players lead with arms, grabbed shirts and feigned injury and got away with it, it's hardly a surprise that the Respect campaign isn't working.

His bias was ridiculous and his decisions were bemusing. I for one hope he was watched by an assessor who can despatch him to the Moldovian Old Boys league where perhaps he may be at his level. That said knowing the state of the FA they will probably promote him a la Ross Joyce and the future of the game will spiral further down the pan.
The slagging of the ref every week is getting very boring. Referees are only human like the players. Even the best referees make mistakes. Maybe if all players/managers/supporters could accept the referees decision, even if it is wrong, we wouldn't need a respect campaign.
They really should be beating teams like us

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »

If today's referee had been an Alty player, he would have been Darren Royle. The "back pass" incident in particular marked him down as a total moron.

However, I don't think he was the reason we lost, not even in part. He was just another frustration on a totally crap afternoon.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:51:12 PM »

Phil

Not often I disagree with you as I hope you will agree

However I have to say that maybe with the exception of perhaps not playing sufficient added time in the second half (a judgement call which could be argued both ways) and failing to caution one or two Alty players Mr Khatib didn't get a huge amount that wrong.

The backpass was correct and it was very refreshing to see an official actually reverse a throw which had been delayed unreasonably.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »

So you condone persistent fouling and leading with the arm?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 01:26:40 AM »

Unless I was watching a different game I saw the ref consistently penalise fouls and give yellow cards where necessary. Alty lost because they allowed Gloucester to score twice.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 03:46:48 AM »

Sorry, for me the ref did ok. He could have brandished cards if he wanted, but chose not to.

I have to say the continual derision at refs in this league is getting a bit boring. They are all of a similar standard, which isn't the best. Get over it - at least we know what to expect..

Rather than go at refs, look at our defence, which to be honest is a bag of sh*t...

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 07:40:55 AM »

Phil

Not often I disagree with you as I hope you will agree

However I have to say that maybe with the exception of perhaps not playing sufficient added time in the second half (a judgement call which could be argued both ways) and failing to caution one or two Alty players Mr Khatib didn't get a huge amount that wrong.

The backpass was correct and it was very refreshing to see an official actually reverse a throw which had been delayed unreasonably.
I think he had a poor game, but from what I saw Alty had their fair share of the poor decisions
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Toppers

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »

no major incidents, wouldnt have changed the result.

tigerroar

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 02:06:54 PM »

Why was there so much derision towards the referee over the award of an indirect free kick for the backpass? Are there people here who think he was wrong?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I feel cheated.....