News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'll take a point..

Author Topic: I'll take a point..  (Read 2592 times)

markecky

I'll take a point..
« on: March 05, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »

It might not be enough at the end of the season but it was one we didnt look like getting when that went in off the blokes arse.

I thought we were the better team first half but couldn't turn it in to goals,  Reeves had a poor game today and without him we had nothing up front.

Second half we just didnt come out and then the sucker punch of that goal.

Credit to us for getting back in it though, I thought we wasted so many corners and set pieces today.

I'd like to think we stopped Gateshead doing what they love to do and play and pass but we didnt offer much.

Sam Hewson was awful I'm afraid and he should have been off for Danalyk much sooner. I fear that lad is simply going to fade out of football and waste the chance we have given him.

Not a good day at the office for us but its a point we could easily not have had.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I'll take a point..
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »

Sums up the game
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

62vintage

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »

We sat in the main stand for the second half today and I am certain that Clee came off injured. I wondered if anyone else noticed as no one has posted anything?

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:51:12 PM »

Robbie Williams seemed to be giving some message and pointing to Nicky as he came off.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »

Clee did indeed limp off when he was replaced.

A good point from a game I found rather boring and uneventful but fair do's to the lads for keeping going, and a point is a point at the end of the day.

I too thought Hewson was poor today.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 09:01:16 PM »

Very accurate assessment of the game. Sam hewson was terrible today, mainly due to his awful fitness levels. A lad of his age with no other job being that unfit and out of shape is embarrassing.
Thought Nicky Clee had another great game, he is out only attacking threat at the moment.

VofD

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 09:26:33 PM »

Hewson was absolute crap today, and his dithering cost us Heed's goal. And he wants to make a living in the football league. ;D ;D ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 09:39:54 PM »

Hewson was absolute crap today, and his dithering cost us Heed's goal. And he wants to make a living in the football league. ;D ;D ;D
He'll end up in some God-forsaken backwater like Northwich. Totally wasting his talent because HE believes he's too good for this level and doesn't need to work at it. Not the first, won't be the last.

VofD

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »

He'll end up in some God-forsaken backwater like Northwich. Totally wasting his talent because HE believes he's too good for this level and doesn't need to work at it. Not the first, won't be the last.

Totally agree Phil.

robins1978

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 11:20:55 PM »

We sat in the main stand for the second half today and I am certain that Clee came off injured. I wondered if anyone else noticed as no one has posted anything?
He seemed to be asking why he was taken off - "No im not injured im ok" he mouthed - then he was taken to one side and explained why the change was made. Don't think it was for an injury.

Butty

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 12:21:33 AM »

Agree that Hewson was poor today, but can I be the first to say that Dootson was outstanding, earned us the point with many crucial saves

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 01:52:16 AM »

Agree with much that has been said. I think we shaded the first half, without any clear cut chances, and they shaded the 2nd, after we got right up on them in last 20 mins.

I don't think I have ever singled out a player on this forum, but Hewson had a mare. I said to a few people before the game whether Kenny has a problem with Danylyk, as his recent performances deserved more merit for a start than a Hewson who had just come back from injury. And our midfield looked better than Danylyk in it.

Given the results, a good point. The proverbial 6 pointer looms on Tuesday, and we have to believe we will win the game!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'll take a point..