News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Football Pontoon

Author Topic: Football Pontoon  (Read 9783 times)

GrahameRowley

Football Pontoon
« on: June 28, 2009, 02:32:17 PM »

A new Football Pontoon competition is being launched at Moss Lane:

Each of the Clubs from the Premiership, Championship, League One, League Two and Blue Square Premier will be given a random number from 1 to 116. For a £10 stake, you can chose or you will be allocated one of these numbers and this will determine your team in the competition.

The idea of the competition is for your team to accumulate exactly 21 goals by the END of any particular sequence of games. The winner will receive a £100 cash prize, the holder for the number of the second team to reach exactly 21 goals will receive £50 and the third-place prize will be £10.

If more than one team attains 21 goals on the same day, the team that scored their 21st goal earliest in their game will be awarded 1st prize. Goals are tallied up at the end of each match and the totals adjusted accordingly. If by the end of any particular game, your team's goals total exceeds 21, then you will "go bust" and be out of the Competition. Only league goals will count towards your total.

You are not restricted to one number, so increase your chance of winning by buying a second team!

If you are interested in participating, please forward your name, contact number and payment along with your chosen number to the Club for the attention of Sarah Rowley. Weekly updates will be posted here on the Club's website and forum.

Thank you for your support.

Sarah Rowley.

baldrick

Re: Football Pontoon
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »

So the chances of winning the first prize are 115-1 but it pays 9-1 the second prize pays 4-1 and third prize gets the stake returned. Total income £1160 Total payout £160. I know the club need to bring in as much money as possible but i think the payout should be at least 75%

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »

I have a money making idea. Guess the first league fixture. The winner gets 50% of the kitty, the runner up gets 25% and the club gets 25%. The runner up will be the person who guesses the right club but the wrong venue. Suggested stake £5.

GrahameRowley

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »

In response to your first post, regarding the football pontoon competition, the Club is trying its best to make up a shortfall of over £60,000. We ran a similar competition four years ago which was a great success. If you feel that the odds are not in line with your expectations, please feel free not to participate. Also, I hope your negative post does not put other prospective competitors off entering.

In response to your suggestion about running a "guess the first fixture" competition, the Board would welcome you to run such a scheme.

Grahame

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 05:30:44 PM »

I don't think anyone will be put off by my post. But as the old saying goes "the bigger the prize the bigger the interest". I will start a thread about my guess the first fixture idea. As time is running out it will need maximum publicity so maybe you can get it mentioned on the official site.

Butty

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:30:11 PM »

So the chances of winning the first prize are 115-1 but it pays 9-1 the second prize pays 4-1 and third prize gets the stake returned. Total income £1160 Total payout £160. I know the club need to bring in as much money as possible but i think the payout should be at least 75%

How many teams are going to score exactly 21 goals by the end of a game though? So the odds may be reduced

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »

How many teams are going to score exactly 21 goals by the end of a game though? So the odds may be reduced

This is a variation on the old News of the World game where teams had to score eleven. Each teams score is added up each week and the first to reach EXACTLY the total of 21 wins. In the News of the World game a team that didn't play were awarded two goals, I don't know if that rule applies here.

joe

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »

Is it just one payment of 10 quid for the season or is it a tenner for each sequence of games?

GrahameRowley

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »

It is a one off payment of £10 for the Competition which ends when three teams have reached 21 goals.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:03:57 PM by GrahameRowley »

joe

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »

Cheers for the info Grahame. I'll have a team,i'll give in all the details when i collect my season ticket later this week.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Football Pontoon