PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FOOTY AT MOSS-LANE .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FOOTY AT MOSS-LANE .  (Read 9690 times)

Robins Retweet

Re: FOOTY AT MOSS-LANE .
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »

Arranging the fixture list to suit all 22 clubs perfectly is hell of a difficult job to do. Don't forget you've also got cup games, replays, playoffs etc all to fit in with a limited period. Until a sensible alternative comes around then let's just get on what we've got. The FA is 150 years old, so it's been good enough for 150 years Jacko, why do you think changes are needed now?
maybe they were doing a good job, but the amount of debt and financial problems clubs face more and more of is something that could be tackled better i believe, i mean u have to question the respect for the bsp when pretty much every season teams are being docked points and the agm seems more exciting than the season itself  :D

the only competition that has any purity left is the fa cup to be fair?
Also i would say this has a lot to do with the fact teams are gambling with money they havent got from projecting attendence money that seldom arrives? I saw middlesbrough's home game last week just empty seats everywhere! Would that happen in the height of summer? I doubt it.
Arranging the fixture list to suit all 22 clubs perfectly is hell of a difficult job to do. Don't forget you've also got cup games, replays, playoffs etc all to fit in with a limited period. Until a sensible alternative comes around then let's just get on what we've got. The FA is 150 years old, so it's been good enough for 150 years Jacko, why do you think changes are needed now?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:59:35 PM by Robins Retweet »

Robins Retweet

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »

I think we need to maybe discuss a winter break perhaps its the only way forward

Also any one know where Chris senior is these days?
:D

are rangers playing in our league next season  ;)

Robins Retweet

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »

Start the season 2 weeks earlier that is 4 matches to me that should happen but no break
thats not a bad idea i'd settle for that too.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »

maybe they were doing a good job, but the amount of debt and financial problems clubs face more and more of is something that could be tackled better i believe, i mean u have to question the respect for the bsp when pretty much every season teams are being docked points and the agm seems more exciting than the season itself  :D

I meant that football has been played during winter for over 150 years so why change now. If you start the season earlier you won't get bigger crowds as most people are still on holiday. Players would have to report back for training 2 weeks earlier and so their summer would be shorter. Would the summer be long enough for pitch maintenance etc?

Robins Retweet

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »

maybe they were doing a good job, but the amount of debt and financial problems clubs face more and more of is something that could be tackled better i believe, i mean u have to question the respect for the bsp when pretty much every season teams are being docked points and the agm seems more exciting than the season itself  :D

I meant that football has been played during winter for over 150 years so why change now. If you start the season earlier you won't get bigger crowds as most people are still on holiday. Players would have to report back for training 2 weeks earlier and so their summer would be shorter. Would the summer be long enough for pitch maintenance etc?
but matches arent played on bad surfaces anymore and there are h&safety issues clubs have to abide by for the match to take place these days,

People take holidays at all times of the year its obvious more people go to games in the may/august months as they are sunny family days out,

As jimmy said two weeks earlier would not harm anybody and would take away a few of the annoying fixture backlogs

RocketDan

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 08:22:24 PM »

ideally we would play in the summer when the weather is pleasant and city/united aren't playing.

I reckon we'd get 1000 every game - especially if we opened rob o'neils roof terrace.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »

ideally we would play in the summer when the weather is pleasant and city/united aren't playing.

I reckon we'd get 1000 every game - especially if we opened rob o'neils roof terrace.
great idea! have you got the drawing that he made to hand?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 08:30:34 PM »

Or we could add a roof over the pitch, insert undersoil heating and put heated seats in the stands?

Robins Retweet

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 08:44:41 PM »

Or we could add a roof over the pitch, insert undersoil heating and put heated seats in the stands?
one day that might happen who knows???

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »

Topless dancers at half time, put Lee in the stocks and throw rotten fruit at him when we lose at home, it's pregnant with possibilities.

and we could sign a couple of internationals......Marc Joseph may be available  ::)

Jimmy

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

Not sure dan I'd rather be in south of France in sun than at Halifax

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »

It would not be practical to play during the summer. Lots of semi pro players also have kids - there goes the summer hols!

Robins Retweet

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 11:21:03 PM »

It would not be practical to play during the summer. Lots of semi pro players also have kids - there goes the summer hols!
strange, how do they get get along playing over xmas when the kids are off?

Jimmy

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 11:26:21 PM »

Yes but at Christmas you don't normally go to another country for a week or 2

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »

I think we need to maybe discuss a winter break perhaps its the only way forward

Also any one know where Chris senior is these days?

He's probably lying on a warm beach somewhere having a winter break
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FOOTY AT MOSS-LANE .